Four Stars

Transfering file using SSH keys

Hi,
I need to transfer a from a server to remote FTP host using SSH key authentication. I was able to do this using WS-FTP tool and we need to move that job to Talend. Can you please give some guidence on how it can be done? Can i use the SSH key created by WS_FTP tool? If yes, how can i trasfer that key. What are the components that we need in Talend to perform this action?
Thanks,
Kiran
7 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Transfering file using SSH keys

Hi kiran
You can use tFTPPut component with 'SFTP support' option.
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Four Stars

Shong,
Thanks for the reply. I already tried with the tFTPPut component. But not sure how i can use the SSH key generated using WS-FTP tool in talend. WS_FTP tool created three files when i generated the SSH key. One public, one private both with .tmp extension and the 3rd is an .ini file. If i cannot use that key, what other options do i have in talend to generate a key?
Thanks,
Kiran
Community Manager

Hi
Generate the SSH key from the server where your FTP is hosted. On tFTPXXX component, check the box 'SFTP Support', select 'Publich key' in the Authentication method list and browse your private key in Private key field.
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Four Stars

Shong,
I just reply from the company hosting the ftp server and they are saying that they will not generate the SSH key on their end. They only accepts the keys sent by us. So what are my options to generate a SSH key and can use it in Talend?
Thanks,
Kiran
Four Stars

Hi,
Can somebody please share some information on this?
Thanks,
Kiran
One Star

you need to use Puttygen : Generate a private/public key combination and save each file. Then load the "Putty" generated .ppk file ( private key ) into Puttygen and select "Conversion" from the MENU at the top and save the file in OPENSSH format.
you can now send the public key to the ftp server guys and point Talend to your OPENSSH version of the private key
One Star

need help in setting up the SFTP component of Talend so that the authentication would happen basis of key exchange between the source and destination server instead of the password being defined in the properties file