One Star

Transfer Text file from FTP Server to SAP

Hello Experts,
I am new to Talend. please let me know how to transfer data from text file from FTP Server to SAP table using talend. please guide me.
 Any example in this regards will be helpful.
 i am able to transfer file from FTP Server to desktop. 
3 REPLIES

Re: Transfer Text file from FTP Server to SAP

Hi,

You can use sap component to load your file into sap server.

The work flow should be: tftpget (get your file from ftp server to local)-->tSAPOutPut(load your file into SAP server).

Note: Since version 6.0, the SAP components (tSAPInput, tSAPOutput) have been removed from Talend Open Studio.

We have published open source SAP components on Talend Exchange officially. You can download tSapOut components freely from Talend Exchange Portal and install them into your open studio.

https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Installing+a+custom+component&content-lang=en
Let us know if it is Ok with you.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello Sabrina,
Thanks for your quick reply.
i want to know can i directly transfer file from FTP server to SAP table. instead of downloading file to local and then transfer to SAP.
i am using 5.6 version. i have to transfer multiple files from FTP server to one SAP table.
please guide in correct work flow sequence.  i am using :
tFTPconnection_1 -- tFTPFileList_1 --- tFTPGet_1 -- tSAPOut_1
Thank you

Hi,
So far, talend don't support for transferring data from FTP server to SAP server (or another FTP server) by air.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.