Too many connections error

One Star

Too many connections error

Hi guys,
What would be the cause and solution for the too many connections error??
Thanks!
Community Manager

Re: Too many connections error

Hi
I think you create a db connection to server on each DB component and the number of connections exceeds the max connections, there are two solutions to fix it.
-. On database server side, modify the parameter max_connections. see
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/too-many-connections.html
-. On job side, try to use a tMysqlConnection to create a db connection in the job, all other db component using the same connnection by checking the option 'using an existing connnection'
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi shong,
It's pretty much that the 2nd solution you provide is what I'm looking for though I'm using tRunjob.
If I will open a database connection in the parent job can the child job catch it's connection?
How can I apply this? Please help
Thanks!
Community Manager

Hi
Yes, you can share the db connection to the child job by checking the option 'use or register a shared db connection' on tMysqlConnection. For example
parent job:
tMysqlConnection
|
onsubjobok
|
other subjobs
|
onsubjobs
|
tRunJob
child job:
tMysqlConnection
|
onsubjobok
|
other subjob
on tMysqlConnection_1 and tMysqlConnection_2, check the option 'use or register a shared db connection' and type in a connenction name, for example, "connection"

Best regards
Shong
One Star

Thanks Shong!
Provided that tMySqlConnection_1 and tMySqlConnection_2 has the same connection name for use or register a shared db connection.
Do I have still to fill up it's hostname and etc ?? For me it still the same when you try to declare the connection without checking the register a shared db connection or the theory here is when I check the option of sharing the db connection it treats the connection as 1 and not as separated which causes too many connections?
Am I right?
Community Manager

Hi
If you check the option of sharing the db connection on both of the two component, you don't need to fill up the parameters like hostname etc on tMysqlConnection_2 in child job, it use the same connection which have been registered on tMysqlConnection_1 in parent job.
Best regards
Shong