To replace my data without accent like é,è by e and also to have my data in UPPERCASE

Five Stars

To replace my data without accent like é,è by e and also to have my data in UPPERCASE

Hello,

I am new to TALEND.I tried many ways to put the java function  proposed in the tmap of  talend to replace and to uppercase my results,but I couldn't succeed .

Could you propose me some ideas to do it please?

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: To replace my data without accent like é,è by e and also to have my data in UPPERCASE

Hi,

You can do the replace by below function in tmap.

row1.input.replaceAll("é", "e")

Similarly, you can do the uppercase of data by

StringHandling.UPCASE("Hello")

If you are still facing issue, could you please share the job screenshots, the error you are getting, the component screenshots, sample data etc. so that we can understand your problem in detail.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi
Please appreciate our members by giving Kudos for spending their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: To replace my data without accent like é,è by e and also to have my data in UPPERCASE

@Manoj_Rojen

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Could you please mark the topic as resolved so that others can quickly view the answer which helped to resolve your query? It will help other Talend community members during their search for similar queries.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi
Please appreciate our members by giving Kudos for spending their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)
Six Stars

If you are not sure about all acent character and string can have some other char like à,ç better to use Normalizer.

java.text.Normalizer.normalize("éèçà" , java.text.Normalizer.Form.NFD).replaceAll("[^\\p{ASCII}]", "")

Regards
Abhishek KUMAR
Six Stars

Check the image

Regards
Abhishek KUMAR

All Replies
Employee

Hi,

You can do the replace by below function in tmap.

row1.input.replaceAll("é", "e")

Similarly, you can do the uppercase of data by

StringHandling.UPCASE("Hello")

If you are still facing issue, could you please share the job screenshots, the error you are getting, the component screenshots, sample data etc. so that we can understand your problem in detail.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi
Five Stars

Thank you Nikhil for your comments,

It was useful,I succeeded by changing in it.I did the transformation on the target instead inbetween source and the target .

Have a nice day,

warm regards,

Manoj Rojen

Highlighted
Employee

@Manoj_Rojen

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Could you please mark the topic as resolved so that others can quickly view the answer which helped to resolve your query? It will help other Talend community members during their search for similar queries.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi
Six Stars

If you are not sure about all acent character and string can have some other char like à,ç better to use Normalizer.

java.text.Normalizer.normalize("éèçà" , java.text.Normalizer.Form.NFD).replaceAll("[^\\p{ASCII}]", "")

Regards
Abhishek KUMAR
Five Stars

Hi akumar,

Thanks for your reply.

I am new to Talend, so could you precise me please ,where I should use the function that  you have proposed? 

Six Stars

Check the image

Regards
Abhishek KUMAR
Five Stars

Thank you for your useful reply.It is working good.

I also propose you to use TalendString.removeAccents(row1.Modules) function,It works in the same like the one you proposed

Six Stars

Thanks @Manoj_Rojen

Regards
Abhishek KUMAR

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.