One Star

Tmap error on job execution, can't find it, screenshot included

Hey all,
I have setup a simple job to take information from a postgres database and map a few of the fields over to an oracle table. Both databases operate on my local machine. As part of the mapping, I have one PostgreSQL table linked to a cell in another, to convert the short version of a code into the long version.

TMAP

Error:

Any and all help is appreciated.

Dylan
3 REPLIES
Seven Stars

Re: Tmap error on job execution, can't find it, screenshot included

Your tMap screenprint is a bit small to see clearly and you should include the schemas. But click on the "Code" tab at the bottom left of your job and go to the line referenced at the top of the stack-trace error (i.e. 4771) to see exactly what statement is causing the NPE.
One Star

Thanks,
Finally remembered my permanent name. I made it past the errors I was experiencing. I think it had to do with null values being allowed in the TMAP, but not in the output database. The script ran and populated the Oracle database, but not without error. That said, I don't think the error prevented any of the data transfer, but it would still be nice ot know what went wrong.
See screenshot:
One Star

I went in and redrew the tmap lines, and for whatever reason the job ran without error and all 10,000 lines were populated (instead of the 953 that went through before).