One Star

Tmap and multiple inputs

Hello,
I am facing a problem. Indeed here is my schema:
tfileInputExcell - main -> TMAP -> tLogRow
tfileInputExcell - main ->^^^^
So, it is a simple Tmap component with 2 inputs.
My inputs have both 16rows and here is my problem, if i just want to put in my output the single column of my 1st input, it should print 16results but here, it is printing 256 (16*16) results.
I can clearly see that the tmap is crossing data of each input but it is possible to have 2 different outputs fur each input by using only one tmap? Maybe i should use 1 Tmap for each input?
Thank you in advance
7 REPLIES

Re: Tmap and multiple inputs

Hi,
How did you set your tMap? Could you give us the tMap editor screenshot? You have two input source, one is Main, and the other is LookUp. What is your expected result? Inner join?unite?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

here is the tmap, i just need that the 1st input go to an output and the second to another.
I can't change the Join model, is it the problem?

Hi,
here is the tmap, i just need that the 1st input go to an output and the second to another.

If there is no operation of join,or other operation. Why don't you use tfileinputdelimited-->tfileoutputdelimited instead.
I can't change the Join model, is it the problem?

The join module won't work until there is a condition (for example row1.id=row2.id).
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thank you sabrina, i think i was going on the wrong way.

Hi,
It's OK. Don't hesitate to post your issue on forum.
In addition, here are some articles about tMap, tMap operation and tMap Job example. Hope it will be useful for studying tMap component.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I am trying to do a reconciliation for the Oracle DB v/s data loaded through ETL in Mongo but my Tmap is not accepting 2 inputs. Can you please share some ideas?
One Star

I also want do some versioning for the Talend jobs. What is the best way to do it?