Tmap Float variable needs to Round

Six Stars

Tmap Float variable needs to Round

This solution should be easy, however I can't seem to be able to figure it out. 

I need the result of a Float * int = float, to be rounded. 

talend.JPG

Please let me know of any solutions you can think of. 

Accepted Solutions
Ten Stars

Re: Tmap Float variable needs to Round

Math.round() will round a float or a double to the nearest integer.  To round to two decimal places, you would use:

Math.round(yourValueHere * 100.0)/100.0

To round to an arbitrary decimal precision, you have to get a little fancier.  This stackoverflow article talks about how to implement rounding to arbitrary precision:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8911356/whats-the-best-practice-to-round-a-float-to-2-decimals

You could implement one of the solutions above in a routine in your repository, and just call that routine any time you need to round something.  If you don't foresee a frequent need to round values to arbitrary precision, I'd stick with an inline tMap formula.

Six Stars

Solved! thanks 

All Replies
Ten Stars

Math.round() will round a float or a double to the nearest integer.  To round to two decimal places, you would use:

Math.round(yourValueHere * 100.0)/100.0

To round to an arbitrary decimal precision, you have to get a little fancier.  This stackoverflow article talks about how to implement rounding to arbitrary precision:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8911356/whats-the-best-practice-to-round-a-float-to-2-decimals

You could implement one of the solutions above in a routine in your repository, and just call that routine any time you need to round something.  If you don't foresee a frequent need to round values to arbitrary precision, I'd stick with an inline tMap formula.

Six Stars

Solved! thanks 

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Download