Title column to lowercase

One Star pnv
One Star

Title column to lowercase

Hi,
I extract firebird data to postgres.
The process is good with jobs design. But i must rename for each process column name in metedata schema of postgres (Uppercase to lowercase). I would like to automate the process with tmap.
With tmap, i know to do uppercase to lowercase values in field, but i would like change column name to uppercase to lowercase.
Can you help me
Thanks
Christophe
Employee

Re: Title column to lowercase

I'm afraid you can't automate this transformation because we are talking about metadata, not data.
Highlighted
One Star

Re: Title column to lowercase

If you only need to do this once, then export the schema as XML and load it into a text editor and do a search and replace. Then reload the XML into the schema. I do an export/import when I want to create schemas quickly.
If you need to do this "on the fly" then you would need to provide some more information, such as:
- do the tables already exist, or must they be created at the time of the job?
- can you do metadata queries against firebird?
I'm sure there's a solution - doing a metadata query and a data query, merging them together with a tMap to create SQL statements and then executing those statements against the postgres database. A lot of work, but I'm sure it's possible.
Cheers,
c0utta

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Join us live for a sneak peek!

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch