One Star

Timeout of talend components

Hi , in my talend job i have a url fetch component which fetches a RSS feed from a Web service , the url returns a XML , in which the delay is configurable i.e the URL(web service) returns the RSS feed after a delay which is configurable , i have configured the URL to return the XML after a delay of 3 hours from the time when the url was called . now the problem is my talend job waits for that much and gets the XML feed and then continues the execution , but the behaviour i want is that the talend component must timeout after waiting for 1 hour and must not continue to wait further , please can anyone tell me if that can be done using the URL Fetch component or in any other way .
4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Timeout of talend components

Hello
but the behaviour i want is that the talend component must timeout after waiting for 1 hour and must not continue to wait further

There is not a component which can kill the job on the run time. The job will stop if the execution have been done, otherwise, you must kill the job manually.
Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi all
How difficult would it be to have a 'Tenacity' parameter in such a component?
Would it be a matter of adding a countdown timer that is invoked only if the 'Tenacity' parameter is given a value? After the countdown reaches zero, the component could be forced to fail...
Just a thought.
BRgds
JG
One Star

How about writing the data returned from the tRSSInput to a text file in one job. (Call it JobA)
In another job, use a tWaitForFile that looks for the file created by the tRSSInput and set it's parameters so that it dies after 1 hour. (JobB)
Now, as to how to "kill" JobA if JobB times out...... I don't have a good answer to that. But, it seems to me if you were running the jobs in Linux/Unix if you could capture the PID of JobA, you could use a tSystem command to issue a kill on JobA (via the PID) if the tWaitForFile timed out. How you'd do that if everything runs in Windows, I'm not sure.
One Star

You can use a tSleep onComponentOk tDie and advance setting exit tDie JVM.