One Star

Tibco RV Integration in Talend

We are using Tibco Rendezvous (RV) for messaging. Does Talend have a Tibco RV connector to receive messages? What are some options that are available?

• Exchange components
6 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Tibco RV Integration in Talend

As far as I know we do not directly support Tibco RV as it has no JMS driver. There is a Tibco RV / Tibco EMS bridge from Tibco though. So you should be able to bridge relevant topics to EMS and attach Talend to Tibco EMS.
One Star

Is there a way to create a custom input component (simmilar to JMS) or invoke a Java class which would receive RV messages to start a job?
Employee

You could create a custom camel component for tibco rv. See http://camel.apache.org/writing-components.html
There is the generic cMessagingEndpoint in Talend Studio that easily allow you to access your own components.
One Star

Thank you, appreciate your help. I need to an explicit commit at the end of the job. Is there a way to pass an instance of my custom listener object to another component to invoke the commit?
eg: if success then myRVListener.confirmMsg()
Employee

You can use exchange.getUnitOfWork().addSynchronization(Synchronizaion). Synchronization allows you to write callbacks for onComplete and onFailure. So you can do the commit / rollback there. The camel-sjms component is an example where this is used.
One Star

I will try it out. Thanks for your help.