Tibco RV Integration in Talend

One Star

Tibco RV Integration in Talend

We are using Tibco Rendezvous (RV) for messaging. Does Talend have a Tibco RV connector to receive messages? What are some options that are available?

Employee

Re: Tibco RV Integration in Talend

As far as I know we do not directly support Tibco RV as it has no JMS driver. There is a Tibco RV / Tibco EMS bridge from Tibco though. So you should be able to bridge relevant topics to EMS and attach Talend to Tibco EMS.
One Star

Is there a way to create a custom input component (simmilar to JMS) or invoke a Java class which would receive RV messages to start a job?
Employee

You could create a custom camel component for tibco rv. See http://camel.apache.org/writing-components.html
There is the generic cMessagingEndpoint in Talend Studio that easily allow you to access your own components.
One Star

Thank you, appreciate your help. I need to an explicit commit at the end of the job. Is there a way to pass an instance of my custom listener object to another component to invoke the commit?
eg: if success then myRVListener.confirmMsg()
Employee

You can use exchange.getUnitOfWork().addSynchronization(Synchronizaion). Synchronization allows you to write callbacks for onComplete and onFailure. So you can do the commit / rollback there. The camel-sjms component is an example where this is used.
One Star

I will try it out. Thanks for your help.

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Join us live for a sneak peek!

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch