One Star

The path x appears to be part of a Subversion 1.7 or greater ....

I get an error trying to open a project in TAC:
org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: The path 'C:\Talend\5.5.1\studio\qaworkspace' appears to be part of a Subversion 1.7 or greater working copy.  Please upgrade your Subversion client to use this working copy.
                at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.java:318)
                at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon2(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:312)
                at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:263)
                at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:221)
                at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1764)
                at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginDialog$2.run(LoginDialog.java:379)
                at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: The path 'C:\Talend\5.5.1\studio\qaworkspace' appears to be part of a Subversion 1.7 or greater
working copy.  Please upgrade your Subversion client to use this
working copy.
                at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnEclipseHandler.checkOut(SvnEclipseHandler.java:120)
                at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.checkoutProject(SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.java:785)
                at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.java:308)
                ... 6 more
Caused by: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: The path 'C:\Talend\5.5.1\studio\qaworkspace' appears to be part of a Subversion 1.7 or greater
working copy.  Please upgrade your Subversion client to use this working copy.
                at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.JavaHLObjectFactory.throwException(JavaHLObjectFactory.java:778)
                at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.throwException(SVNClientImpl.java:1881)
                at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.checkout(SVNClientImpl.java:2007)
                at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.checkout(SVNClientImpl.java:1995)
                at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.checkout(SVNClientImpl.java:1991)
                at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnHandler.internalCheckout(SvnHandler.java:321)
                at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnHandler.checkOut(SvnHandler.java:311)
                at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnEclipseHandler.checkOut(SvnEclipseHandler.java:117)
                ... 8 more
4 REPLIES

Re: The path x appears to be part of a Subversion 1.7 or greater ....

Hi,
Is it OK with you when you update the SVNkit(change SVN client into 1.8)?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

How is SVN Kit updated?  I tried updating Tortoise,  but that did not suffice.
One Star

Finally got things working.   Not sure what the magic bit was:
1: A working server had SVN 1.8,  which in theory is not supported, but it working.
2: Downgraded SVN on failing server to 1.7, then 1.6.  Lot of dependencies I had to resolve to do that.
3: Deleted the workspace on my PC,  recreated a project in TAC on failing server, and things started working.
Sooo,  I believe that it is not really the subversion version that causes the problem, but rather the version of subversion that created the repository.  I am guessing if the repo was created with a supported version and then upgraded, it will still work.

Hi,
The root cause maybe the project you are using( remote - workspace pointed to svn location).
When you delete the workspace and create a new workspace, it can connect to remote svn location . After that, import the project which was created already,  it will automatically check in the code into svn repository.
Thanks for sharing your solution with us.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.