Four Stars

The executeUpdate method must not return a result set.

I am trying to import a csv file into MS SQL. I have a setup the mapping and I am able to insert records successfully. However if the record exists I get the error. The executeUpdate method must not return a result set. In the tMap I am importing the primary key as well and the schema of output table has the primary key defined. In the DBOutput I have specified the Action on data to Insert or update. I am assuming this handles the decision to insert or update based on the primary key being present in the table or not. Is this correct?
4 REPLIES

Re: The executeUpdate method must not return a result set.

Hello,

Could you please also post your tMap component setting screenshot on forum?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina, I have attached the tMap screenshot.

Hello,

Is there a trigger setting on the table? If so, are you able to change it?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina, There are 4 triggers on the table and one of the AFTER UPDATE trigger seems to cause the exception. If I disable that trigger then I do not get this error. There is another AFTER UPDATE trigger that does not cause an issue. I will need to investigate the culprit trigger do find out where the issue arises. Thanks.