One Star

The code of method is exceeding the 65535 bytes limit

Hi,
My Job generate a job where the code of method is exceeding the 65535 bytes and i don't know how reduce the size of the method.
My job have to read a file positionnal and execute a lot of transformation to insert / update data in database in lot of tables with the data read in file.
I think that my job is bad modelised because il put all transformation in a only job but i don't know how create sub-job or other in my case.
Fastly, my job do the transformation below :
tfileInputRegex----> tMap --if three first caracters == 000 ---> save data in context
--if three first caracters == 010 ---> i do insert data in four tables in database and save some data in context
--if three first caracters == 020 ---> i do insert data in two tables in database
--if three first caracters == 030 ---> ...
--if three first caracters == 040 ---> ...
For all my steps, i use the data readed in tFileInputRegex to insert data in database. I don't see how explose my job in somes function java, job-code or other.
2 REPLIES

Re: The code of method is exceeding the 65535 bytes limit

If you're hitting the max method size its a good idea to start thinking of a fundamental redesign of your job.
without knowing much about the problem you need to solve, I can suggest that you shard your input file (by the first 3 characters) so that you can have one job to parse '010' lines, one job to parse '020' lines etc...
One Star

Re: The code of method is exceeding the 65535 bytes limit

Hi,
Thanks for response but i don't do a job by type of line (010, 020, 030, 040, ...) because i don't share the database connection between my job and so the connection will be done to each line... i believe.
I think to have find a solution for my problem.
I success to split my job in lot of sub-job like this :
tfileInputRegex ----> tMap ---- if three first caracters == 000 --> toFlowToIterate --> tJavaRow (i stock the data) ---- On component Ok --> tFixedFlowInput --> ...
---- if three first caracters == 010 --> toFlowToIterate --> tJavaRow (i stock the data) ---- On component Ok --> tFixedFlowInput --> ...
---- if three first caracters == 020 --> toFlowToIterate --> tJavaRow (i stock the data) ---- On component Ok --> tFixedFlowInput --> ...
---- if three first caracters == 030 --> toFlowToIterate --> tJavaRow (i stock the data) ---- On component Ok --> tFixedFlowInput --> ...