One Star

The ability to do API Management within Talend

Hey all, 
I would like to know if anyone has already worked with the open source API Management plateforme TYK with Talend?? 
and whether there is a more suited open source API Management plateforme to pair with TOS  than the others? 
Cheers 
2 REPLIES
Employee

Re: The ability to do API Management within Talend

Hi,
there is nothing against using Tyk with TOS4ESB. Tyk is (limited) to REST API and support a manual, Swagger and API Blueprint spec as input for the API Documentation. As Talend ESB by default support WADL you might need to convert the WADL to API Blueprint or Swagger by another tool or just add teh REST API docu manually. This might be the biggest part, other then that you should be able to put a tRESTRequest based DataService behind the Tyk Gateway and you should be also easily able to use a tRESTClient based job to all a service through the Tyk Gateway, that said I don't used it so far so it is more theoretical here but looks all quite straight forward from what I know about Tyk. 
Feel free to share you experience with Tyk and Talend ESB here we are interested to see if you find it an easy experience to combine both. 
Thanks,
Dietmar 
One Star

Re: The ability to do API Management within Talend

Hi, 
Thank you for your quick answer
Could you be more explicit about your explanations please, I'm still a beginner in both TOS and Tyk, so I'm a little bit confused. 
Regards