One Star

The Following Modules are not yet installed....

TOS DI 5.4.1
Window --> Show View --> Talend --> Modules presents a new configuration tab. On the top right of the tab (see attached screen shot..) is a GREEN ARROR (Download External Modules is the flyover..).
In the TalendHelpCenter: Identify|required|external|modules, the columns: More Information should contain the URL for download and Action should be sporting a lovely "Download and Install" button.
My challenge is that I get neither of these extensions..
I have verified the landing directory exists.. (C:\Talend\TOS_DI-Win32-r111943-V5.4.1\lib\java)
and that I am not proxied.. (running from the house..Smiley Embarassed) and I have reinstalled TOS on this machine. Also, downloaded and installed 5.4.1 on a brand new machine with same outcome.. Am I missing something during install?
Just as a test, I manually downloaded terajdbc4.jar from a Teradata website.. installed without incident and all teradata components work fine.. so a little bit of progress
I'd like to avoid searching for the location of each required JAR and download manually/individually.. I'm guessing this is the purpose of the window I describe above..
Any help is much appreciated..
Mark

7 REPLIES

Re:The Following Modules are not yet installed....

Hi,
I supposed you have checked document TalendHelpCenter:Configuring Talend Studio.
What's your OS? and your JDK version?
Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi xdshi,
thanks in advance for the reply.. yes, I labored over the HELP section for clues on how to hurdle this challenge - ( I indicated the link in my original post.. thanks)
.. by the way -- that HELP section IS what I used to compare to my TOS instance(s) and identify that my install doesn't provide the information listed there..! (despite multiple installs and machines) -- hence my post Smiley Happy
I've attached screenshots of the following info:
I'm running TOSDI 5.4.1 Build r111943-20131212-1133
on Windows 7 Enterprise Svc Pack 1
Intel Core i5-3320m @ 2.60 / 2.60 GHz
4.00 GB mem
64 Bit OS
Java Ver: 1.6.0_17
Any further hints I would really appreciate them.. I'm dead in the water right until I can get some of the jars loaded..
Regards,
Mark

Hi,
What components are you using in your job design.
I don't get missing jar issue on tsendmail component. The activation_1.1.jar is used for salesforce components and bonita-client-5.2.3.jar, bonita-server-5.x.x for bonita components.
Have you checked modules Status in document TalendHelpCenter:Identify required external modules?
Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi xdshi..
I appreciate your help
1. Talend HELP indicates that it offers functionality that allows missing jar files to be a) located b) navigated to on the WWW / URL c) downloaded and d) installed from WITHIN TOSDI. We are familiar with the HELP pages that describe this.
2. You indicate that it works well on your machine.. It does not, however, work on my machine. I would like it to...
3. Just for the sake of focus, let's use the tSendMail component as an example... I have attached a screen shots of the ERROR messages I receive when I drop a tSendMail component on the DESIGN workspace and click the COMPONENT tab in the CONFIGURATION area. The are prefixed with 1_, 2_, 3_
4. The bottom line is that there are NO links to navigate to the missing Jar files..
Thanks to anyone that can gently push me to the next step...
Mark

Hi,
I suspect your installation of talend open source is not complete.
How did you install it? Do you have some related jars under lib/java folder?
Best regards
Sabrina

--
One Star

Hi,
I suspect your installation of talend open source is not complete.
How did you install it? Do you have some related jars under lib/java folder?
Best regards
Sabrina

Hi
I came across the exactly same problem when using TOS Big Data. I installed Big Data according to the document TalendOpenStudio_BigData_IG_5.5.1_EN.pdf
when I clicked the green arrow button in the modules view, the "Download and install all modules available" button is gray and not available, please see the attached.
so far I have to install jars manually, how to let it download automatically? Thanks.

Hi airings,
Please pay attention to Image Upload Section Limitation(20 images per post, each image must be less then 1024x768 pixels and 200 KB, .png is preferred).
Best regards
Sabrina

--