One Star

Tfileinputexcel sheet position is not working

Hi,
I am facing the error when I try to read the excel file by using the option sheet with name or position. I want to read excel file 1st sheet.
Sheet list  Sheet(name or position)
The error,
*The method addSheetName(String, Boolean) in the type ExcelReader is not applicable for the arguments (int, boolean)

Note: I am working with the large excel files. So, I am using the Generation mode: less memory consumed for large excel(Event mode).
For the small files when I use Memory-consuming (User mode). The error is not coming. 

TOS 5.6.2

Please help me on this..
Thanks-
Raghav
4 REPLIES
Four Stars

Re: Tfileinputexcel sheet position is not working

You pass a integer object
Excel Sheetnames are Strings
One Star

Hi..
Thanks for your reply.
I want to read the excel file sheet with the position. I don't want to specify the sheet name in the tfileinputexcel.
Suppose I want to read the sheet1 then ...I am giving position of sheet is 0 apart for giving like "sheet1". And I am sure when reading the excel sheet with position we have to give 0  (we should not give like "0". it wil cause error like " java.lang.RuntimeException: Special Sheets not exist!").
For Memory-consuming (User mode), The sheet like 0 is working. For event mode it is giving error as need to work with the large files.
Tfileinputexcel--Advance settings--Generation Mode-->Less memory consumed for large excel(Event mode)
My requirement is I want to read the large excel files ..first sheet.(sheet name could be dynamic i.e., present file name like sheet1 and in feature it may not be sheet1 would be another name like "TestSheet1").
Please provide your suggestions. your suggestions are highly appreciated.Smiley Happy
Thanks-
Raghav
One Star

Hi...
Can anyone guys please help me about the sheet position..??

Kind Regards,
Raghav K
One Star

Hi
I have the same problem.
Didn't find how to deal with that for the moment.
Anth224