TfileList catches one file only

One Star

TfileList catches one file only

Hi,
I tried to display some results from several files in a directory. I use TFileList, and 2 tFileInputDelimited which are both linked to TFileList. I don't know why but at the end of the processing my results are lugged from just one of the 6 files I want. It appaears that there are results from the list file of the directory.
Can you help please?
One Star

Re: TfileList catches one file only

-Make sure file mask as "*.csv" in tFileList component
-Make sure connection type is Iterate
- also check the file name in tFileInputDelimited component, which will be dynamic like
((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH"))
so it will iterate each file from the directory to give an input for tFileInputDelimited component

Hi,
In addition, what's your output? file or DB? You should checkout "Append" option in tfileoutputdelimited to get all files.
Please have a look at related forum .
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi All,
Can we process different file types like ".csv,.txt,.xls,.xlsx" at a time?
One Star

You should be able to read them all in with a tFileList and putting "*.*" in the Filemask field.

Hi,
Can we process different file types like ".csv,.txt,.xls,.xlsx" at a time?

You can design different subjobs then make "Parallelize" for them. Such as:

tfilelist-->tfileinputdelimited-->tlogrow
tParallelize----
tfilelist-->tfileinputexcel-->tlogrow
Note: tParallelize component is only available in Talend Enterprise Subscription Version.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.