One Star

Testing SAS input and Output connections in version 3.2.0M

I received the message following message when adding the tSASInput object to the workspace:
To use this component you need first to add these SAS java packages (SAS.CORE.Jar; SAS.INTERNET.JAVATOOLS.jar and SAS.SVC.CONNECTION.jar) in the Modules view.
I have found SAS.CORE.jar and SAS.SVC.jar in the Service Pack 1 CD for SAS version 9.1.3 I cannot find SAS.INTERNET.JAVATOOLS.jar. Where can I get this file?
Also, where should I copy these files so they are in the Modules view (what Talend directory)?
5 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Testing SAS input and Output connections in version 3.2.0M

Hello
I have found SAS.CORE.jar and SAS.SVC.jar in the Service Pack 1 CD for SAS version 9.1.3 I cannot find SAS.INTERNET.JAVATOOLS.jar. Where can I get this file?

Download this component from exchange, and it constains all the needed jar package.
Also, where should I copy these files so they are in the Modules view (what Talend directory)?

Put them to lib\java under installation folder.
Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

I have an issue with tSasInput component. I run SAS from a PC and read data from a network. When I created a DB connection it reqests a port number. SAS provides me with a metaport number, for server name I used my PC name (basically the IP address). When I test the connection I get the following error message.
Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
Unable to establish a connection: Unable to establish a connection: Driver could not open socket. Server: wxp-xxxxx port: 8561. sam.S249.ex.msg: A connection to server host wxp-xxxxx could not be established on port 8561. Either there is no server listening for connections or the server is too busy to accept any new connections. Make sure that the server has started and that the values provided for host and port are correct.
Can this component work with SAS running on the PC and not on a server? Any suggestions on configurin the DB Connect?
One Star

Check to make sure the SAS Servers are running in the Windows Services. They will appear similar to SAS LEV1 MS or something like that.
Yes, SAS 9.1.3 Intelligence Platform running on a PC or Server can be accessed. If it is a standalone PC with just Foundation SAS then you can also use just the SAS ODBC driver to make the connection. The ODBC driver is a free download from SAS.
One Star

How can I connect to SAS Share Server? What do I need to specify as connection string? And what does DataBase mean when we are talking about SAS? Library? Also, what does Talend use when connecting to SAS?
One Star

Hello

Download this component from exchange, and it constains all the needed jar package.

Put them to lib\java under installation folder.
Best regards

shong

Hi Shong,
I have the jar files in lib\java, but when I try to set up connection to SAS/SHARE Server I cannot put sharenet as a subprotocol on the jdbc connection string. The Talend software automatically changes it to sasiom. According to SAS, I have to use sharenet in order to use the JDBC drivers for SAS/SHARE server see http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/jdbcref/59666/PDF/default/jdbcref.pdf, page 12.
Please help.
Regards,
Alla