Tesbconsumer showing different response to SOAP UI

Seven Stars

Tesbconsumer showing different response to SOAP UI

Hi,

 

I'm using the Tesbconsumer to query an endpoint, the response XML of which is below. When i send the same request data via SOAP UI and Talend i get missing values in the Talend response. As you can see i the screenshots in SOAP UI i get APP_NUMBER, APP_SEQ  and all the data in the HOLDERS block, however, in Talend these values are missing. Anyone any ideas? 

 

 

<qCREDIT_DECISION_OUTPUT>
   <WS_CALL_RESULT_DESC />
   <WS_CALL_RESULT_FLAG />
   <APP_SEQ />
   <APP_NUMBER />
   <SY01_TRANSACTAPPNO />
   <APP_SEARCH_TIME />
   <APP_SEARCH_DATE />
   <APP_SCORE />
   <APP_DECISION />
   <APP_SEARCH_ROUTE />
   <HOLDERS>
      <HOLDER_DETAILS />
      <A_CUS_NUM />
      <A_CUS_ID_CONFIRMED />
      <A_CUS_ADDR_CONFIRMED />
      <A_CUS_ID_BUREAU_CONFIRMED />
      <A_CUS_ADDR_BUREAU_CONFIRMED />
      <A_CCJ />
      <A_SECURED_ARREARS />
      <A_UNSECURED_ARREARS />
      <A_IVA />
      <A_BANKRUPTCY_DATE />
      <A_BANKRUPTCY_DISCHARGE_DATE />
   </HOLDERS>
</CREDIT_DECISION_OUTPUT>

Talend Enterprise edition 6.4.1


Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Tesbconsumer showing different response to SOAP UI

It's very difficult to answer this without knowing the service and having access to both the service and the job. Web service issues are notoriously tricky to debug. However, I can say that this is likely a config issue rather than a bug. A good way to resolve this would be to follow the following steps....

 

1) Create a String copy of the XML that you want to send. This can be used for both SOAP UI and Talend. I assume you are doing this.

2) Remove all unnecessary components from the Talend job. By that, I mean remove all components used to build your XML (you already have it) and all components used to process the response. 

3) Now that you have a scaled down job, run the XML you have stored as a String through the tESBConsumer and output directly to a tLogRow. You should see the output in the output window. Compare this to what you get in SOAP UI.

 

If they are still different, can you send your tESBConsumer config ( a screenshot of the Basic and Advanced settings) and the SOAP UI config to us, so that we can compare the two?


All Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Tesbconsumer showing different response to SOAP UI

It's very difficult to answer this without knowing the service and having access to both the service and the job. Web service issues are notoriously tricky to debug. However, I can say that this is likely a config issue rather than a bug. A good way to resolve this would be to follow the following steps....

 

1) Create a String copy of the XML that you want to send. This can be used for both SOAP UI and Talend. I assume you are doing this.

2) Remove all unnecessary components from the Talend job. By that, I mean remove all components used to build your XML (you already have it) and all components used to process the response. 

3) Now that you have a scaled down job, run the XML you have stored as a String through the tESBConsumer and output directly to a tLogRow. You should see the output in the output window. Compare this to what you get in SOAP UI.

 

If they are still different, can you send your tESBConsumer config ( a screenshot of the Basic and Advanced settings) and the SOAP UI config to us, so that we can compare the two?

Seven Stars

Re: Tesbconsumer showing different response to SOAP UI

Thanks @rhall_2_0  when i printed the output at every step i noticed that the tXMLmap wasn't formatting the request to the webservice correctly. I found that it was easier to us a tSoap component with the correct SOAP header in the message box and i add my XML via globalMap. 

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog