Four Stars

Talend war file generates 0 KB excel file

Hi,

I have created a job in talend studio to execute a query(query execution takes 5-10 minutes) and write the data into excel file. 

I have build the job as

1. standalone job and

2. Axis webservice(WAR)

Standalone job works perfectly, creates excel file from query every time when run.

Issue:

But, webservice(WAR) deployed in tomcat server sometimes work correctly but, sometimes it starts to create 0 KB file. This issue is intermittent and sometimes it gets resolved with server restart. When 0 KB file is created then all next runs create 0 KB file

I have placed components to log message before executing the query and after creating excel file.

Only log message before executing query is printed and 0 KB file is created.

5 REPLIES

Re: Talend war file generates 0 KB excel file

Hello,

Could you please indicate on which talend build version you got this issue?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi,

Build version is as below:

Version: 6.1.1
Build id: 20151214_1327

Regards,

Ranveer

Hello,

Are you tomcat running well? Did your deploy your job war file successfully?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi,

Yes war file is deployed successfully. 

Before executing the query I have logged that 'query is getting executed' and it is getting printed successfully. But, after executing the query log message is 'Excel file has been generated successfully', and it is not getting printed in log file and 0 KB file is created.

Best Regards,

Ranveer

Hello,

Have you tried to choose 'Axis webservice(zip)' and place the relevant Class from the ZIP (or unzipped files) into the relevant location, of your Web application server to see if it works?

What's return code from the Web application? The return code from the Web application is 0 when there is no error and 1 if an error occurs. 

Best regards

Sabrina

--