One Star

Talend studio crashes after Java version issue

Hi,
Last night the system administrator added java 8 to my development machine, and this morning I started my Talend Studio 5.4.2 with this new version. I quickly found the issue as Talend was not responding properly and removed the java 8 from the machine again.
But now Talend doesn't run anymore. The log file in the metadata folder doesn't contain any usefull information and talend stop after selecting the project and clicking ok. Windows tries to solve it, but of course it can't...
I tried a view thing to see if there are some command line options that can rebuild everything. 
Talend-Studio-Win-x86_64.exe -clean
Talend-Studio-Win-x86_64.exe --help (to get a list of commandline options, but doesnt work)
Talend-Studio-Win-x86_64.exe /? (to get a list of commandline options, This doesn't work, but magically seems the only way forcing Talend to start correct).
I can at least continue my work now, but I wonder what's wrong (and what the /? option does to make it work)?
3 REPLIES

Re: Talend studio crashes after Java version issue

Hi saukema,

So far, talend don't support for Java 8.
Please take a look at document about:TalendHelpCenter:Java 8 Support.
Could you please check the java version : java -version in cmd to see what's your current java version and what's your java environment 

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seventeen Stars

Under Windows you have to uninstall Java 8 with the uninstaller.
Actually it was not necessary to remove Java 8 because you can set the Java runtime in the ini-File.
@Sabrina: java -version (the space before version prevent this command from working).

Hi saukema,
Please see my screenshot.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.