Talend problem with tInput components using schema (tCassandraInput, tPostgreSQLInput)

Forteen Stars

Talend problem with tInput components using schema (tCassandraInput, tPostgreSQLInput)

May be it is well knowing issue, but I found just last week

tPostgreSQL and tCassandraInput do not affected by Schema (column family name) in component/connection settings

I never meet this before, because:

- in my environment both primary used as target database

- and for input I always use in query schema name

but when make tests, I found - both return error unless You not include schema name (column family name) in query text

Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 11.41.29.png

Exception in component tCassandraInput_1 (DEMO_BigDataCassandra)
com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.InvalidQueryException: No keyspace has been specified. USE a keyspace, or explicitly specify keyspace.tablename
	at com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.InvalidQueryException.copy(InvalidQueryException.java:50)
	at com.datastax.driver.core.DriverThrowables.propagateCause(DriverThrowables.java:37)
	at com.datastax.driver.core.DefaultResultSetFuture.getUninterruptibly(DefaultResultSetFuture.java:245)

key space correct, if add it to query text - all start work (same with PostgreSQL)

P.S. there are nothing to ask - just need manually add schema/family name into SQL code
message just informative

-----------

Re: Talend problem with tInput components using schema (tCassandraInput, tPostgreSQLInput)

Hello,

We don't find a related jira issue on talend bug tracker.

Here exists a jira issue about cassandra metadata doesn't support for data viewer and it has been fixed on 6.1.2, 6.2.1

https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TBD-3086

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Forteen Stars

Re: Talend problem with tInput components using schema (tCassandraInput, tPostgreSQLInput)

Hi Sabrina,

sure - because I publish it here, tested on 6.4, 6.5, 7.01

it not a question, just information about problem and by-pass

-----------

Hello,

Shall we move your topic to How-Tos-and-Best-Practices board?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Forteen Stars

sure - this is not a best practice Smiley Happy
but of course we can relocate it

-----------

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

Talend Integration with Databricks

Take a look at this video about Talend Integration with Databricks

Watch Now

How to Modernize Your Cloud Platform for Big Data Analytics With Talend and Micr...

Learn how<SPAN>to modernize your Cloud Platform for Big Data Analytics with Talend and Microsoft Azure</SPAN>

Read