Five Stars

Talend not reading .xls file

Hi,
I have a excel file which was downloaded from mail, but it is not recognized by Talend. below is error when i create schema manually running job.

Exception in component tFileInputExcel_1
org.apache.poi.openxml4j.exceptions.InvalidOperationException: Can't open the specified file: '
at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.ZipPackage.<init>(ZipPackage.java:102)
at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.OPCPackage.open(OPCPackage.java:199)
at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.OPCPackage.open(OPCPackage.java:178)
at org.apache.poi.POIXMLDocument.openPackage(POIXMLDocument.java:69)
at org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFWorkbook.<init>(XSSFWorkbook.java:198)

here is some update on same error this is Open Office Excel file so please suggest me how to load this using Talend Open Studio 5.0
5 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: Talend not reading .xls file

Open Office Excel file? Do you mean an Excel file created by Open Office or an Open Document Spreadsheet file (ods)?
POI is actually bullet proof and I have never experiences any problems with API.
Could you open this file outside from Talend with Excel?
Are you sure you configured a correct file path, because normally I can read a complete file path in this kind or error messages.
Five Stars

Actually this file is created by program on Linux machine, and it has no problem to Open with Open Office. But when you try to Open it using MS Office it is not getting opened.
error describing that this is not a Excel file or format is not supported by Excel so do you want to open it or not. if i say yes then it is opening but not able to load it using Talend any suggestion.
One Star

Is there any components in Talend for processing .ods (Open Office document) files
Five Stars

Hi Rathinasamy
There is no component to read Open office files, rather you can, you can used Jsoup to parse ods file xml.

Hi rathinasamyy,
I have replied your related forum Forum 29912.
Please check it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.