Talend not creating the _run.bat script (possible bug with Talend 5.6)

One Star

Talend not creating the _run.bat script (possible bug with Talend 5.6)

Hi everyone.
I recently upgraded to Talend 5.6 and I built a job to be run with a command line, however the launcher script doesn't seem to get created anymore. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the latest version of Talend or not, is anyone else having a similar issue or know how to resolve this?
One Star

Re: Talend not creating the _run.bat script (possible bug with Talend 5.6)

I'm still unable to locate the files, I've tried on my coworker's computers and they're having the same issue too. 
One Star

I updated to 5.6.1 and the issue persists. When I build a job, Talend creates a .JAR like it did before but it doesn't create the batch script to run the job. Creating standalone jobs is vital so any feedback would be appreciated...
One Star

Try to re-install Talend, it's working for me (.bat .jar and .sh are generated)

Also make sure that Shell Launcher is checked when you build your job
One Star

Try to re-install Talend, it's working for me (.bat .jar and .sh are generated)

Also make sure that Shell Launcher is checked when you build your job

Thanks for the information. 
I've tried reinstalling and the problem exists on my coworker's computers as well. I have definitely made sure that the shell launcher option is checked. What version of Talend are you using?
One Star

Can I please just get verification from someone who is using 5.6 that they're able to generate the script? It would go a long way in being able to diagnose my problem if I can confirm that it works for other people...
Seventeen Stars

Hi Jean,
I habe tested it and it works for me. I get both start scripts (bat and sh).
One Star

Hi Jean,
I habe tested it and it works for me. I get both start scripts (bat and sh).

Thanks for the reply. Are you're using 5.6.1?
Seventeen Stars

No I have tested it with 5.6.0. I am going to use 5.6.1 but not yet this weeks.

Hi,
I have made a tesing on TOS 5.6.1, everything is Ok.
Could you please show us your " Build " setting screenshot? What's your OS?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Hi jeanjpotgieter,
Is there any update for your issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
I have made a tesing on TOS 5.6.1, everything is Ok.
Could you please show us your " Build " setting screenshot? What's your OS?
Best regards
Sabrina

Thanks for replying. I'm using Windows 7
Here is my build settings. It seems odd that my and my coworkers are experiencing this issue since everyone else's Talend seems to be working. We've tried reinstalling multiple times but it hasn't helped. At this point I'm wondering if my firewall might be blocking some features.

Hi jeanjpotgieter,
In your Window server, does this issue repro on other build version(5.5)?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

It seems that if I have Talend build the job on my local machine, it works fine. However when I have Talend build the job on the network, it creates everything except the .bat file. This issue started happening recently so I suspect it might have something to do with a firewall or how the new version of Talend is creating the file. Is there a way to create a log file that will tell me why the .bat file isn't being created?
One Star

It seems that if I have Talend build the job on my local machine, it works fine. However when I have Talend build the job on the network, it creates everything except the .bat file. This issue started happening recently so I suspect it might have something to do with a firewall or how the new version of Talend is creating the file. Is there a way to create a log file that will tell me why the .bat file isn't being created?

Yeah, this is probably some security issue, creating a .bat file on a remote computer is kinda suspicious, check your antivirus
I don't know if it's possible to catch the log on the build of a job, however why just not build on your job  your local machine and copy it to the remote computer ?
One Star

Yeah, this is probably some security issue, creating a .bat file on a remote computer is kinda suspicious, check your antivirus
I don't know if it's possible to catch the log on the build of a job, however why just not build on your job  your local machine and copy it to the remote computer ?
It seems like it's the way we're going to have to go, but it's inconvenient. We've installed Talend on our remote development stations to ensure the jobs we work on from home are protected (we had a case where an employee tried to open a job that had to access the network to grab files. In order to do this from home, he had to connect through our VPN. The connection was incredibly slow so he tried to close Talend as it was opening and somehow this caused an issue where it deleted everything in the job he was working on). The remote workstations don't allow you to save directly to the local machine, so you have to keep changing workspaces and importing the files between the local computer and the workstation.
One Star

I am also getting same problem. not able to create.sh and .bat files when i am building my jobs. Please let me know the solution. In same servers my teamamte is uing and they are able to generate .sh and .bat files.

Hi Dinesh Mark,
Did you build your job on your local machine? On which official version did you get that?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi, I am also unable to create a batch file from Talend job. (Version :Talend Open Studio for Data Integration Version: 6.0.0).
I tried steps  :-  RClick at the Job Name ->Build Job -> selected 'StandAlone Job' -> Finish
No file generated in the target folder.
Please guide, how to proceed with this.

Hi mylearning456,

Can you provide the whole logs?
Would you mind making a testing on TOS 6.1.0M1 to see if this issue is fixed?
We have a related jira issue: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-33318.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hello,
I had the same problem.
My solution : if you have your talend installed in a folder with space like this one "Talend Open Studio 6.3" :
remove the space like that "TOS_6.3"
it worked for me!!