Talend job scheduling

Four Stars

Talend job scheduling

Hi,

I want to schedule job to delete data from my salesforce organization on particular date.

Is it possible on free version ?

Sixteen Stars

Re: Talend job scheduling

Yes, but you will need to use a third party scheduling tool. Crontab in Linux would be great. Windows scheduler will also work. You then build a job to do this. Compile the job. Then use the selected scheduler to run the job. The job will be run like running any Java program.

Employee

Answer to your question is "No".

Talend Scheduler is available only in Enterprise version. For community addition, build you job & get the zip file.

Use external scheduler (cron for linux or windows scheduler) to run your job on particular date.

Hello,

Please refer to online user guide about:TalendHelpCenter:How to build Jobs.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Can you help me understand how to create zip file and scheduling it using windows scheduler ?

Thanks

Employee

Right click on job & click on build, it will create zip file..

Capture.JPG

Unzip this file, & call *.bat file in windows scheduler

Thirteen Stars

Yes You can do it,create a package of your job by using Build Job and schedule the .bat file in windows .sh in crontab.

Manohar B
Four Stars

Hey thank you !!! 

Its working fine Smiley Happy

Is there any provision like can we notify someone after completion of task ?

Sixteen Stars

You can do a lot of things to notify of completion. An easy way is to use the tSendMail component to email an individual/team. Take a look here (https://help.talend.com/reader/9q55KsfASqX0qY4GVhEDNQ/EG8XHID3jFOItycxC7Jv~w)

Four Stars

Hi 

While using tsendmail component I am getting following error :

javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException

Please let me know if I am missing something.

here is the screenshot of my settings : 

Auth_Error.png

Thirteen Stars

it may be problem with credentils issue ,proxy issue or network issue. ihave used the below way it worked fine and able to send mails.Untitled.png

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Manohar B
Four Stars

Hi,

I cross verified my creds are they are correct. 

Can you help me to understand where can I define the context variables, same as you did? 

Thanks

Thirteen Stars

You can define in the context tab in that job itself and can call those context into tsendmail.

--

Manohar B
Four Stars

Hey,

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

This was not the issue with Talend.

Gmail was blocking my access

When I enabled the my google account setting "Allow less secure apps" its working.

Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Hi,
Why don't you schedule an Apex job on Salesforce side for this purpose?

TRF