One Star

Talend for forecasting / data analytics.

Hi everyone,
Can Talend do forecasting or perform data analysis?
If no, any workaround?
Thank you in advance!
Regards,
Rozie
3 REPLIES

Re: Talend for forecasting / data analytics.

Hi,
For your requirement, We can only support performing data analysis by Talend data quality product.
Please refer to on line user manual guide Talend Open Studio for Data Quality for performing data analysis.
So far, we don't have the function of forecasting, however, you can give us more information about your needs and we might have a proper workaround for that.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thank you for the reply.
Let's say I want to have several forecasting models tested, such as: last period demand, simple and weighted moving averages (N-Period), simple exponential smoothing, multiplicative seasonal indexes, time series. All of these models are tested for car sales from year 2014 onwards.
I want to test the past data against several models and pick up the best one (the least error) for the next five years sales figure.
Is there any workaround to this problem?
Regards,
Rozie

Hi,
It is an interesting subject, however, I don't see this capability/functionality in one of Talend products yet.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.