One Star

Talend for Big Data 6.1 stats & logs in database no Redshift connexion

Hello,
I use Stats & log functionnality in files and in db.
In MySQL database, no problem to insert stats, logs and flow meters logs.
But I would want to insert these logs automatically in a redshift database.
Redshift is not proposed in combo box (see attached file) so I've tried with JDBC connexion, Postgres and Postgres Plus but no success...
Do you have an idea about this problem.
Thank's
6 REPLIES

Re: Talend for Big Data 6.1 stats & logs in database no Redshift connexion

Hi,
What's the error message you are getting when use "general JDBC" to connect to your redshift DB?
Can you successfully connect to redshift DB by using your connection parameter through tredshiftXXX component?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Error message:
Database connection is failed.
  java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1041)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:314)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:300)
      at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.properties.controllers.DbTableController.checkConnection(DbTableController.java:765)
      at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.properties.controllers.DbTableController$6.run(DbTableController.java:554)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
  Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
      at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
      at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getDriver(JDBCDriverLoader.java:121)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:146)
      ... 6 more
I can successfully connect to my DB with tRedshiftConnect component but I can't reuse my referential because it is not proposed (see screens in attached files)

Hi,
What does your JDBC url look like? Could you please show us the screenshot of your stat&logs redshift DB connection setting by using General JDBC?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

URL JDBC:  jdbc:redshift://dw-elipce.cpkvveegt0ug.eu-central-1.redshift.amazonaws.com:5439/transport
One Star

Resolved!!
I created a General JDBC connexion from in metadata, then I use it in general stats & logs parameters

Hi,
Great this issue is fixed. Could you please mark this topic as resolved?
Best regards
Sabrina
--