Six Stars

Talend error

I am getting below error and unable to understand anything. Can anyone help?

Starting job WF_Count_New at 12:52 12/06/2017.

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3764
[statistics] connected
Exception in component tMysqlInput_1
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet successfully received from the server was 56 milliseconds ago.  The last packet sent successfully to the server was 3,704,051 milliseconds ago.
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
      at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:409)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createCommunicationsException(SQLError.java:1127)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.reuseAndReadPacket(MysqlIO.java:3715)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.reuseAndReadPacket(MysqlIO.java:3604)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4155)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:926)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.nextRow(MysqlIO.java:2051)
[statistics] disconnected
      at com.mysql.jdbc.RowDataDynamic.nextRecord(RowDataDynamic.java:408)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.RowDataDynamic.next(RowDataDynamic.java:387)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.RowDataDynamic.close(RowDataDynamic.java:165)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSetImpl.realClose(ResultSetImpl.java:7471)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSetImpl.close(ResultSetImpl.java:918)
      at local_project.WF_count_new_0_1.WF_Count_New.tMysqlInput_1Process(WF_Count_New.java:4085)
      at local_project.WF_count_new_0_1.WF_Count_New.runJobInTOS(WF_Count_New.java:7279)
      at local_project.WF_count_new_0_1.WF_Count_New.main(WF_Count_New.java:7136)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException: Can not read response from server. Expected to read 4 bytes, read 0 bytes before connection was unexpectedly lost.
      at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.readFully(MysqlIO.java:3161)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.reuseAndReadPacket(MysqlIO.java:3615)
      ... 12 more

4 REPLIES
Ten Stars

Re: Talend error

Looks like the network link between the Talend process and the Mysql database failed.
Six Stars

How do i fix this? I got this multiple times and even restarted the server where i am using it. The server even has 61GB RAM

cterenzi wrote:
Looks like the network link between the Talend process and the Mysql database failed.

Ten Stars

Does this happen consistently? Is it always the same error message? How long does your query run? Does the same query run to completion in an external SQL tool?
Six Stars

Are you using a database connection component? Could it be that you close the connection (name) from another (sub)process. For example after an itteration and commit (and close connection)?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you like my answer, please accept it as solution and send some kudos