One Star

Talend copy directly from one workspace to another

Hey!
I was using an old version of talend (V4.1.0M4) and I upgraded to the new milestone (4.2)
This destroyed my project. I can't even open it now.
Anyone know of a way to just copy the contexts and the jobs directly to a new workspace so that I don't loose all of my work???
Thanks

Note:
This is in relation to the forum post http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13842
Instead of posting there again I am creating a new post

PLEASE THIS IS REALLY URGENT. I am not asking anyone to do my job I just want to get back the project I have here which has months of work on it!! Please!!
5 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Talend copy directly from one workspace to another

Hello
What have you done still now? How do you upgrade to new milestone? You said you can't open the old workspace, what's the error message? In any case, you should back up the old workspace first.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Yes shong I know I should back up, but I didn't.
Talend just says it can't read or open the project.
Do you guys have some documentation on how talend writes the files? Thanks
What I have done so far is to use an old version of the workspace and I have tried to copy the new jobs I had in the workspace I lost. I have done this with a degree of success. The only thing that doesn't seem to stick are tmap connections and I have posted about that here -> http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13877

Have you tried using the import items feature?
Create a new project, open it and right click on job-designs. You will need to point it at your talend.project file.
One Star

I did try this and I get the following errors:
Contexts file' : cannot find the associated Project File in the path you provided <-- 20 of these or something
'Db Connections conn': cannot find the associated Project File in the path you provided <-- 10 or more of these
And I get others for the file delimited, xml, Job designs, Routines and SQL Templtes
One Star

same error here. . .
did you find a solution for this?