One Star

Talend certification exam examples

Hi everybody,
I have been working with Talend Open Studio for Data Integration for 3 years, and now I'm preparing to take the exam certification by reading the official documentation (Reference guide & user guide).
I know that the exam costs $100, which is a huge amount for me, so before passing the exam I want to be sure that I'm going to succeed on it. So my questions are :
1 - Is there any example of the exam ?
2 - Is there any body who passed the exam and can share his experience with us ? duration of the exam, number of questions, kind of questions, topics, examples, difficulty, ...
3 - What is the best way to prepare for the exam ? Is the official documentation enough ?
Thanks in advance,
Best regards.
15 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Talend certification exam examples

Hi
I can tell you is the exam is not difficult (at least to meSmiley Wink), and there many users have passed the exam, if you had used Talend Open Studio for Data Integration for 3 years, I believe you can completely pass it!Smiley Wink
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thanks shong for your fast reply.
Can you please give us some details about the exam : duration, number of questions, topics ...
Employee

The TOS certification exams are 50-60 questions and cover the same topics as presented in the TOS for DI classes. The questions are taken from the course materials, but if you have general experience with the product that should suffice. It usually takes about an hour to complete, and you must complete the exam in a single session. You can check the training page on the web site to see what topics are covered in the class and therefore in the exam.
One Star

Thanks for reply.
Is there any questions in the exam about component creation ? If yes, is there a documentation for this ?

Hi haskouse
Not sure if there is a question about component creation in the exam, yet I think this article I provided will be helpful for you componentCreation
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

You can take a look to this guide about the Talend certification :
http://talend-tuto.blogspot.com/2013/06/talend-certification-english-version.html
One Star

Hi,
I plan to take this exam. Would like to know if there is a negative score for wrong answers?
Thanks

Hi jeanth,
Thanks for posting your concern on forum.
For your score question, we have redirected it to related manager then come back to you as soon as we can.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi 
I would like to take the certification exam but i am unable to view any webpage having information regarding the same.
Please guide me for the same.
Thanks
Pankaj Kumar

Hi Pankaj Kumar,
Thanks for posting your issue here.
Please take a look at: https://www.talend.com/services/training/certification.
Feel free to let us know if it is OK with you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Four Stars

Hi,
Recently completed Talend Open Studio Certification. How much it is difficult to get Enterprize certification and which sections are involved in that?
THanks
Vaibahv

Hi Vaibahv,
We have redirected your issue to Talend Training Team then come back to you asap!
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Employee

Hi,
To get the Enterprise certification, you need to complete the DI Enterprise and DI Enterprise Administration course.  There are more questions in the exams that cover all 3 courses for the Enterprise certifications. Please see http://www.talend.com/services/training/certification 
Kind Regards,
Irshad
One Star

Hello
Can you let me know within how many days should we take the exam after we purchase the same?
Should I take the exam immediately or may be wait and take whenever I am free?
Community Manager

Hi leeba
Sorry for the late reply, you should open a new topic when the question is slighlty different from the original topic so that we have a better visibility on it. Smiley Happy
To answer your question: You're expected to take your exam within one year of purchase. So no need to do it immediately but keep in mind this rule.
HTH
Elisa