Four Stars

Talend big data tSnowflakeOutput could not select tabels

I'm loading multiple tables from Access to Snowflake. I could select table from tAccessInput but could not select output table in tSnowflakeOutput. The selection button is been disabled.

How to load data into multiple tables using one tSnowflakeConnection?

Capture.PNG

• Big Data
  • Data Integration
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: Talend big data tSnowflakeOutput could not select tabels

Do you mean you are seeing this:

SnowFlake.jpg

If yes, then click on the button with the 3 dots....  you will get the dialog below where you can specify a custom object.

Snowflake2.jpg

However, if you are working on standard object that exist in the list, it is preferable that you select the object, than specify custom object.  Snowflake component leverage avro schema under the hood.  Hence, it is more sensitive than a normal flat schema.  This custom object may or may not work for your use case.  Let us know.

Employee

It is because your are using the connection data from the repository.  I was showing a screenshot in built-in mode.

The component behaves differently depending on whether you are in repository or built-in mode.

5 REPLIES
Employee

Do you mean you are seeing this:

SnowFlake.jpg

If yes, then click on the button with the 3 dots....  you will get the dialog below where you can specify a custom object.

Snowflake2.jpg

However, if you are working on standard object that exist in the list, it is preferable that you select the object, than specify custom object.  Snowflake component leverage avro schema under the hood.  Hence, it is more sensitive than a normal flat schema.  This custom object may or may not work for your use case.  Let us know.

Four Stars

In my case, this select button is been disabled. 

I changed database in Snowflake and reset connection, same issue.

Capture.PNG

Employee

It is because your are using the connection data from the repository.  I was showing a screenshot in built-in mode.

The component behaves differently depending on whether you are in repository or built-in mode.

Four Stars

what's the difference between built-in and repository?

Hi,

decu wrote:

what's the difference between built-in and repository?

In built-in mode, all information is stored locally in the Job. You can enter and edit all information manually.

In repository mode, all information is stored in the repository.

For more information, please have a look at this topic:https://community.talend.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Development/What-is-the-difference-between-Built-In-....

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.