One Star

Talend and Cassandra Urgent Issue

We are trying to connect Talend to a Hive Database, which in turn maps to a Cassandra database. When creating the underlying Cassandra database using a replication strategy of "SimpleStrategy", we are able to successfully connect to the Hive Database an in turn read and write data into our Cassandra database. However, when we create the underlying Cassandra database using a replication strategy of "NetworkTopology", Talend is still able to connect to the Hive Database, but no longer provides a listing of tables within the Hive database and as a result we are not able to read and write data to the underlying Cassandra database.
Because of our environment's architecture, we have a requirement to use a replication strategy of NetworkTopology, so we would greatly appreciate your assistance in troubleshooting the issue. We have tried configuring Talend using both the native Hive jar file as wells as the custom jar file provided by DataStax; unfortunately, both jars result in the same issue. Please see the attached word document for details about the issue.

13 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Talend and Cassandra Urgent Issue

If anyone has faced the issue mentioned above and can guide us to resolution , i will appreciate it .
We tried to confirm the above issue with the Datastax (The cassandra license was purchased from Datastax).
Datastax told us to check this issue with Talend and they told us its Talend issue.
One Star

We have integrated cassandra with Talend for writes. But are unable to read from Cassandra as tcassandtaInput plugin is not available in talend. Can someone please help me with how to use Hive for retreiving data from cassandra. I am using Windows.
Employee

Hi upasna sethi,
The lastest milestone build of TOS4BigData contains a new CassandraInput component - Version 5.2.0M4, 2012-09-09 (trunk r90320). The final version will be made available in 5.2.

Ciaran
Employee

@anuragsharma83 - can you possibly provide a screenshot and a check the logs for any relevant info that might indicate the problem?
Thanks
One Star

Hello,
I am new to Talend Open Studio .
I have installed TalendOpenStudio Big Data 5.2.1 , but in my big data components i am having only hive as compoents.
I need to work in Cassandra .
Can anyone tell how to add additional components in Talend ?

Hi akshay2305,
I have made a testing on talend open studio for Big Data 5.2.1r95165, there are Cassandra components (see my pic).
The components might have been hidden for some reason or the components are loaded, you can active them by following the steps:
1. Open the project settings window, click Designer, then Palette Settings.
2. Check if the components are in the Hide side, if so, move them to the Show side. If the components have been in the Show side, but you don't find them in the palette, move them to the Hide side, and move them back to Show side.
Best regard
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Anurag,
Can u plz explain the steps how to connect to hive (in cassandra cluster) through talend ?
I am using talend open studio for data integration. When I am trying to connect to hive, I am getting only 3 options for hive distribution- hortonworks, apache and cloudera.

Hi,
When I am trying to connect to hive, I am getting only 3 options for hive distribution- hortonworks, apache and cloudera.

Please use latest version to get more hive distributions.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Thanx for the reply. I am able to connect hive(in cassandra cluster) using cloudera as option under distribution and connection mode as standalone by providing the correct connection string .
One Star

Hi,
I know this question is not in this context. But it wud be great help if any1 can answer it. I am running a job where I am loading csv files from my desktop to cassandra. So after every run I have to manually change the file path for the source. Also, there is a column in table which sud have first six characters of the filename.
Is there any way to automate this whole process? Please post some reply.
Thanx in advance.
Community Manager

@Pooja,
Please do not mix subjects even if remotely linked to each other.
It would be way more efficient if you were opening a new thread because people having the same issue could then find it more easily.
Now regarding your issue, what about a tfilelist (https://help.talend.com/display/TalendComponentsReferenceGuide53EN/tFileList) in front of your job so that you can read all csv files one after the other (if they are all stored in the same place)?
Please open a new thread with more details about where are stored your csv files and what you want to do with this column storing the first six char of your filename (is this a column to be created?)
Cheers,
Elisa
One Star

I have installed trial version of Talend Open Studio for Data Integration and Datastax Cassandra. I want to access a table created in Cassandra and want to use it in my Talend Job. Please suggest if anybody has done it.

Hi mohitgarg,
We have replied to your another topic?https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=47727, could you please take a look at it?
Best regards
Sabrina
--