Talend Support for Big data is worst most of the clients are moving away from Talend since the support is not good enough to fix the Job server and Tac issues

Six Stars

Talend Support for Big data is worst most of the clients are moving away from Talend since the support is not good enough to fix the Job server and Tac issues

Community Manager

Re: Talend Support for Big data is worst most of the clients are moving away from Talend since the support is not good enough to fix the Job server and Tac issues

Hi 

Can you provide some details about your exact issue with Job Server and TAC and what is your Big Data context? 

At Talend, not everything is perfect, but we always do our best to support our customers and provide solutions or workarounds whenever possible.

Elisa

Six Stars

Re: Talend Support for Big data is worst most of the clients are moving away from Talend since the support is not good enough to fix the Job server and Tac issues

One of the main issue i have seen with the multiple clients in Talend Big Data world is:

1.Job freezes in TAC PROD, how ever the execution of the job will be failed or ended at the Job server level and Yarn level. Worst thing is User will not be having any control on the job that it was frozen in the TAC.

Talend Support: Talend Support wasn't able to fix this issue even after the TAC-patch fixes in multiple clients. they weren't able to fix the issue in prod with in the certain time line. the most common thing that they would recommend is play around with the thread count and the ulimit around the servers.

Community Manager

Hi 

Thanks for the details.  It can be sometimes difficult to reproduce exactly a customer's issue. I'm sure that Talend Support tried his best to help, and possibly they ask for you to "play around" with the thread count in order to see if this sheds some light at the source of the issue. 

I'm really sorry that we couldn't help you with this freezing job in TAC. However I can't see the Customer portal ticket around this issue. I'll take it offline with our Customer Care organization and will see how we can help further. I don't think the Talend Community can help in this issue, I'm afraid.

Elisa

Community Manager

Hi again,

Can you tell me which version of Talend do you work with?
Elisa
Six Stars

we are using Talend Real time Big data platform-6.4.1

Hello rvtj,

Thanks for your information. Could you please let us know your company name if you don't mind? We will appreciate it if you could post your log or error message on forum.

Many thanks for your time.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.