One Star

Talend Studio, TAC and SVN clearly very slow (5.0.1), peformance tips?

Hi,
Does anyone have any performance recommendations tips for Talend 5.0.1.
We are getting extremely slow performance for example:
+ Studio to open the client with less than 50 jobs, takes over 6 minutes, consistent on all developer machines.
+ TAC, we are finding when we import a project from Development into our SIT box it can take over an hour for all the SVN updates to be applied, this is shown because in the TAC we can't see our job listings until its completed.
+ Studio performance is very slow, saving, open, running jobs is doing heavy communication with SVN and takes ages.
Any recommendations most appreciated.
8 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: Talend Studio, TAC and SVN clearly very slow (5.0.1), peformance tips?

My expierence is: long network ping time leads to an terrible performance. How long does it take for ping from your developer maschine to the SVN server?
You can estimate the real performance if you create an local repository and import your jobs into it. Open and saving jobs should now take only a second.
One Star

We don't believe it's network, from our laptops to the server we get a very constant <1ms response.
Also Talend and SVN are installed on the same machine.
Does anyone have a Talend health check/settings list to use for performance issues, we believe its SVN?

our current setup has SVN and TAC installed on same system.
and performance if bad, bad, and very bad..
our new installation; v5.1.2 is like this:
srv01 - TAC
srv02 - SVN and MySQL
srvNN - jobExecutions
and performance is Much better.
we are still testing this environment, but the different is significant
One Star

I have the same problem. I usually just launch the program and get a cup of coffee. It is usually up within 10 minutes.

cvioletti
what is your setup like? if you provide some info we might be able to assist you - or better start a new topic!
Seventeen Stars

I see such kind of effects meanly under Windows. I have a complete Enterprise Environment running under Linux and does not expierence such kind of annoying delays.
One Star

My environment is Linux ( Tac and Commandline ) and Studios are on win server 2008. We are using TIS 5.2.2. performance of the studio and commandline exports is dead slow. If you open the studio , it takes 30 mins. Exporting of jobs can take apprx 3-4 hrs. There are 100 jobs as of today. What is going wrong , any help is appreciated. Needless to say that Network slowness, Machine's configuration etc.. has been taken care.
Seventeen Stars

Do you use 64bit studio as commandline?
The commandline is actually a studio without a GUI. This studio should get also 1,5GByte RAM, did you have configured this already in the ini file?
I would test the SVN server with a separate checkout of the repositories with external svn clients. If you see here any performance gaps the problem is located in your SVN server.