Talend Server Installation: Prevent installation of Data Quality

One Star

Talend Server Installation: Prevent installation of Data Quality

I'm installing Talend 6.2 server on my dev machine using the Advanced Installation and the Text Mode. I do not want to install Data Quality, yet the installation doesn't give me an option to prevent it from being installed and it makes me configure a database just for Data Quality.
How can I prevent the Talend 6.2 server installation from installing Data Quality?
I tried the following, but it didn't work:
    ./Talend-Installer-20160704_1411-V6.2.1-linux64-installer.run --mode text --disable-components tdqp,svn,esb,studio,mdm,sap_rfc

Re: Talend Server Installation: Prevent installation of Data Quality

Hi,
Are you installing Talend Platform Product? 
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Are you installing Talend Platform Product? 
Best regards
Sabrina

Hi Sabrina,
Yes, I'm installed the Talend Big Data Platform.
Best regards,
Matthew Moisen
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I think there is a bug in the installer.
First, using --enable-components or --disable-components has no effect unless the following two conditions are met:

--optionfile has been passed to the installer
installType=custom is in the options file
Second, if the optionfile has disable-components=tdqp,svn,esb,studio,mdm,sap_rfc,dsc,soa (I have not tried any other combination), Talend will still attempt to install tdqp.
I tried it with both unattended mode and attended mode. In attended mode (with the installType=custom), I could see that the the Talend installer mostly filled out the correct default values from my optionfile. However, it incorrectly defaulted tdqp to be installed. In addition, it defaulted the apps to be installed as a service, even though I set installServiceTAC=0 (and all the other apps). Finally, it didn't pick up the Job Server ports I asked for and instead used the defaults.
Best regards,
Matthew
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
One last note. After I installed it, the TAC still had incorrect ports.
The Commandline still defaulted to 8002 even though I had changed it during the installation.
The Nexus still defaulted to 8081 even though I changed it during the installation. The Software Update and User Libraries had the same issue with the Nexus port.
It would also be nice if I could set the following options in the optionsfile instead of having to configure them in the TAC:

GIT options
Audit/Reports Stored path
CommandLine/Job generation folder and user components path
Secondary command line options
Job Conductor/Generated jobs folder and Tasks logs folder
LDAP options
Software Update/update username/password and local reader username/assword
Talend JobServer use SSL

Tomcat doesn't come with a ojdbc*.jar file in <tomcat-dir>/lib. Talend should automatically add it there. I noticed that if I install Data Quality and hook it into a Oracle DB, the odjbc file gets created. Otherwise, it does not.
When I set the debugTrace option, the outputted file looked to be encrypted.
Thanks and best regards,
Matthew