Talend Schema, Mass change Column Data Type or similar effect on FileExcelOutput

Four Stars

Talend Schema, Mass change Column Data Type or similar effect on FileExcelOutput

Hopefully it is clear from the subject what I want to do, but really I have multiple Oracle inputs that output to Excel, and I want every Type for the excel output to be "String". When I click Sync Columns, it of course, gives me all of the datatypes associated to the Oracle Input (Date, Dec, String etc.). I either want to be able to change the data type for the excel output to "String" all at once, or be able to sync just column name, Null-able, without syncing Type. What's the easiest way I could do this? (My data changes a lot and I have dozens of these, so saving generic schema is not an option here since I need specific header names)

Thanks!

Re: Talend Schema, Mass change Column Data Type or similar effect on FileExcelOutput

Hello,

Talend dynamic schema feature allows you to design schema with an unknown column structure (unknown name and number of columns).

Could you please have a look at this article about:TalendHelpCenter:How to process changing data structure?

Feel free to let us know if it is what you are looking for.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.