Four Stars

[Talend][Salesforce] Mapped values that are replaced with a null/blank value when updating or inserting

Hello all,

I'm newbie in Talend and I encounter some problems after trying to execute a job (not from me) that includes Salesforce components.

I'm trying to update one of my values of an object in my Salesforce environment through a Talend job.

The updated value is included in the CSV that is sent as input in the job. The field is well-mapped in the tMap component, I added two log components to understand the behavior of the job and here is what I found:

After the tMap component, the new value is present in the log, but after the two Salesforce components, the value is replaced by a null/blank value.

talend_pb.jpg

I suppose that the problem is in the tSalesforceOuputBulk_2 or tSalesforceBulkExec_2 components, but all fields are well presents in the schemas.

It is the same problem on several fields, there are some fields that are updated with the right values, and some others that are updated with a null/blank value, but there are all set in the same way!

Maybe there is a limit somewhere that I missed? If someone have an idea about my problem, it will be great and will help me a lot!

Thanks,

Kevin

2 REPLIES
Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Re: [Talend][Salesforce] Mapped values that are replaced with a null/blank value when updating or inserting

Any trigger, workflow or business process firing when you push data to Salesforce?

TRF
Four Stars

Re: [Talend][Salesforce] Mapped values that are replaced with a null/blank value when updating or inserting

Thank you for your suggestion @TRF

I checked through a report what value is received by Salesforce and the value is even null before being received, so no trigger or workflow are fired when I push data.

However, I manage to solve the problem by switching my environment to an older version (Talend v7 to v6.3).