Talend Project Deployment to Remote Server Question

One Star

Talend Project Deployment to Remote Server Question

Coming from a Microsoft SSIS background, I got really interested on the Talend product. However, one of the key decision points to our team decision to adopt Talend Open Studio is to have the ability to deploy a complete solution to a server where a job can be scheduled in a server located in our data center. Being new tp the product I did not find a way to publish or deploy a solution to a server. Is it possible to have a central server component using the Talend Open Studio ? If not what is the recommended aproach to host solutions originated from multiple developers which can be handed over to a support team.
Thanks
Community Manager

Re: Talend Project Deployment to Remote Server Question

Hello
Talend Integration Suite, support multi-user development, you can schedule a job on any machine, deploy a job to remote server and run it.
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thanks for the reply. However, I was referring to the Open Talend Studio product. It seems that based on what you are saying that I would have to purchase the Talend Integration Suite product for that. Is is true that I cannot accomplish the same end result with the OPEN Talend Studio ??
Thanks
Community Manager

Hello
Talend open Studio doesn't support multi-user development, you can only create a local connection(if TIS, you can create a remote connection, connect to a svn repository where stores the projects and share them with multiple users), if you want to share the job to others, you must export the whole project or the job and send them to other people, and they import them into their TOS. About the job scheduler, you need export the job script and deploy it on Windows Task Scheduler or use 'at'/'cron' command on linux.
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business