One Star

Talend Open Study DI and Google Maps

I was looking for the forums advice on how best to incorporate the google maps service for returning a long, latt coordinates for a given address?
I have about 5000 addresses and can't decide if tESBConsumer or tRESTClient is the way to go. Does anyone have advice or point me in the direction of instructions on how best to accomplish this?
4 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: Talend Open Study DI and Google Maps

There are dedicated components in Talend Exchange I guess. 
Take a look at http://www.talendforge.org/exchange and search for "google". 
One Star

Thanks for getting back so quickly
The tGoogleAddressRow needs a Talend subscription and my novice & student status prevent me availing of that at the moment . I checked the forge and there is 1 but its not listed as supported by 5.6.1 yet and is over a year without update
Is there much difference in how talend handles plugins between versions or is it fairly safe to use a component like
even if its not explicitly stated as supporting the main version available?
Seventeen Stars

Most components are compatible with the most recent releases. Unfortunately a lot of developers does not maintain their components actively, though you should keep an eye on the releases and how old they are.
One Star

I tried the tGoogleGeoCoder but the api version it uses is no longer supported by Google maps. Has anyone come across a reliable api v43 component thats available via open source to geocode addresses?