One Star

Talend Open Studio proxy set up

Hi,
I'm trying to set up my proxy in the "Network Connections" panel (in "Preferences"), and I don't get why it doesn't work.
This is my panel (I defined provider as "Manual") :

This is my settings for HTTP proxy :

Then, when I try to "Help -> Install additional packages...", the list keep empty.
Moreover if, in my job, I try to download an external jar that need to be installed the following error occurs :

I don't know if I forgot something in my configuration.
May it's necessary to close and open again the application (I ask that because it seems to be necessary if you change the application language) ?
I didn't find anything relevant in your documentation or in forum... Hope you can help me !
20 REPLIES

Re: Talend Open Studio proxy set up

Hi,
Have you tried to restart your studio to see if it is OK with you? What's the build version you are using?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
I am unable to connect to network. When I try to download external modules the error  I get is "Network is unavailable".
I do not use any proxy to connect to the network. What should be the proxy settings in that case? How should I get rid of this error?
I did not find anything in the technical document.
Thanks.
One Star

Hi , I have same problem. When I installed Talend 5.6.1 version  I couldnt install external modules talend after installation. After I realized we had problem with network connection.  Because Talend couldnt download automaticly external modules.  
thanks.

Hi wiseque,

Is talend studio working well for installing  external modules when your network connection is fine?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi x2010069,
You can't use your proxy auto-config file (proxy.pac) directly in the host field.
Instead, try to open your proxy.pac file in a web browser and pick up one of the proxy url. Put this url in the host field then it sould work.
Regards
Thibaut
One Star

Hi,
where can I find this configuration setting? Theres no "Network Connections" entry in the preferences of Talend Quality Studio 6.0.0.
Java SE 1.8.0_45
Win7
Regards
Olaf
One Star

window -> preferences-> General -> network connections
One Star

Well, that exactly is my problem. It does not exist. Under "General" there's "Appearance", "Compare/Patch", "Content Types", "Editors", "Globalization", "Keys", "Perspectives", "Search", "Security", "Startup and Shutdown", "Web Browser" and "Workspace".
Filtering preferences for net gives an empty window.
Can I set this settings by hand in some config file? In which and how does it have to look like?
Regards,
Olaf
----
I'd like to add a screenshot, but get an "Error : Invalid format of the picture. Or the server doesn't support processing of pictures." I tried PNG and JPG to no avail.
One Star

Well, that exactly is my problem. It does not exist. Under "General" there's "Appearance", "Compare/Patch", "Content Types", "Editors", "Globalization", "Keys", "Perspectives", "Search", "Security", "Startup and Shutdown", "Web Browser" and "Workspace".
Filtering preferences for net gives an empty window.
Can I set this settings by hand in some config file? In which and how does it have to look like?
Regards,
Olaf
----
I'd like to add a screenshot, but get an "Error : Invalid format of the picture. Or the server doesn't support processing of pictures." I tried PNG and JPG to no avail.
One Star

Nope. Seems to be a bug...
6.1.0M2 misses that setting, too...
Community Manager

Hi okrunmnow
Strange! I check and I can see this setting in v6.1.0M2, I am on Windows 7 64-bit, see 

We need to investigate it further, can you please provider details? Which OS? JDK version?
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

I also am seeing this issue with both v6.0.1 and v6.1.0M2.  Tried both Win7x64/JDK 1.7 and Win7x64/JDK1.8.  I did not have this problem with v5.6.2
One Star

I am seeing this issue too for v6.0.1:

32-bit -> jdk1.8.0_11
64-bit -> jdk1.8.0_25
Networks Connections sub menu is missing.

Hi,
Could you please also post the screenshot(missing network connection menu) into forum? Did you install your product completely?
Did you download your product from Talend Official Website:http://www.talend.com/products/data-integration?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Can confirm. Talend 6.1.0 in OSX. See the screenshot - the Network Connections panel is completely missing. Using the 1.8.0_65 64-bit Oracle JDK JVM.

Hi caturday,
Did you download your product from Talend Official Website :http://www.talend.com/products/data-integration and install it completely?
Could you please have a look at document about TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Platforms and Java environments to see if you are on a compatible platform?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Thanks for the reply!
Yes, I downloaded the product from the official website. I'm running Mac OS X 10.10 and the Oracle JDK mentioned above - both fully supported platforms.
One Star

I'm on 6.1.1 Windows 8.1 x64 JRE 1.8
I configured the proxy however the plugin downloader still says the network is not available.

Hi Martin_K,

How did you config your proxy? Is your proxy Ok with you?
Best regards

Sabrina
--
One Star

Just updated to 6.1.1 from the official website. Still using the 1.8.0_65 64-bit Oracle JDK JVM in Mac OSX 10.10.
Still no Network Connections panel. This is definitely a bug. I've created one in JIRA referencing this thread: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDQ-11487