Talend Open Studio for Data Integration 7.2.1 Salesforce

Highlighted
Four Stars

Talend Open Studio for Data Integration 7.2.1 Salesforce

Hi, I have recently upgraded from TOS DI 6.2 to 7.2.1

Since doing so I have noticed some constraints with Salesforce connections

1. No longer able to incrementally add a new module (i.e. custom object), instead when I select retrieve modules it looks as though 7.2.1 will bring down everything if it already exists or not.

2. In concert with the above issue I am no longer able to update a modules schema in of itself... i.e. should I add a new attribute (field) to the Account object, I don't have the option to update via the `guess schema` button which used to be present in the schema definition, frustratingly get this updated I have no choice but to wither add manually or retrieve the entire salesforce connections schema... taking upward of five minutes

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Talend Open Studio for Data Integration 7.2.1 Salesforce

I'm afraid I have not had a reason to use 7.2.1 with Salesforce yet, but if you have noticed a regression somewhere, could you report it on our Jira site which is here https://jira.talendforge.org

This may have already been raised, so I would do a quick check first. It is a really useful site if you find what you think is bug in the product. If it has been raised before, you should be able to see when it is likely to be fixed and if it hasn't been raised, it gives you an opportunity to get the ball rolling with a brief description and a few mouse clicks

All Replies
Community Manager

Re: Talend Open Studio for Data Integration 7.2.1 Salesforce

I'm afraid I have not had a reason to use 7.2.1 with Salesforce yet, but if you have noticed a regression somewhere, could you report it on our Jira site which is here https://jira.talendforge.org

This may have already been raised, so I would do a quick check first. It is a really useful site if you find what you think is bug in the product. If it has been raised before, you should be able to see when it is likely to be fixed and if it hasn't been raised, it gives you an opportunity to get the ball rolling with a brief description and a few mouse clicks

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables