Four Stars

Talend Open Studio for Big Data query error

Hi,

I am New to the TOS for Big Data tool and started by creating a DB Connection to my Mapr 5.1, Hadoop 2.7 stand alone server.

The connection is successful so i assumed this meant that working with it would go smoothly...

I had no issues pulling table metadata out of the Hive database.

I created a simple job using tHiveInput doing a simple select statement from a modelled table and ran a row flow into tLogRow copying the schema.

and i get the following error:

org.apache.hive.service.cli.HiveSQLException: Error while processing statement: hive configuration hive.query.name does not exists.
at org.apache.hive.jdbc.Utils.verifySuccess(Utils.java:231)
at org.apache.hive.jdbc.Utils.verifySuccessWithInfo(Utils.java:217)
at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.execute(HiveStatement.java:244)
at bigstep.downloaddata_0_1.DownloadData.tHiveInput_1Process(DownloadData.java:1541)
at bigstep.downloaddata_0_1.DownloadData.runJobInTOS(DownloadData.java:2477)
at bigstep.downloaddata_0_1.DownloadData.main(DownloadData.java:2326)
Caused by: org.apache.hive.service.cli.HiveSQLException: Error while processing statement: hive configuration hive.query.name does not exists.
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.Operation.toSQLException(Operation.java:315)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.HiveCommandOperation.runInternal(HiveCommandOperation.java:108)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.Operation.run(Operation.java:257)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionImpl.executeStatementInternal(HiveSessionImpl.java:400)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionImpl.executeStatementAsync(HiveSessionImpl.java:387)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor26.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy.invoke(HiveSessionProxy.java:78)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy.access$000(HiveSessionProxy.java:36)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy$1.run(HiveSessionProxy.java:63)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:422)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1595)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy.invoke(HiveSessionProxy.java:59)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy10.executeStatementAsync(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.CLIService.executeStatementAsync(CLIService.java:274)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.ThriftCLIService.ExecuteStatement(ThriftCLIService.java:491)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$ExecuteStatement.getResult(TCLIService.java:1313)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$ExecuteStatement.getResult(TCLIService.java:1298)
at org.apache.thrift.ProcessFunction.process(ProcessFunction.java:39)
at org.apache.thrift.TBaseProcessor.process(TBaseProcessor.java:39)
at org.apache.hive.service.auth.TSetIpAddressProcessor.process(TSetIpAddressProcessor.java:56)
at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:285)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Now, i haven't been able to locate this specific error on any site anywhere on the internet - its very strange...

If i use the exact same jdbc connection string in a program like Razor, on the same machine, using the same query, data is returned fine - so i know there isn't a communications issue.  This seems to be a specific issue with how Talend is attempting to pull the data, but i am stumped...

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Scott

5 REPLIES

Re: Talend Open Studio for Big Data query error

Hello,

Could you please clarify in which Talend open studio for big data version/edition you are?

The hive.query.name option appeared in Hive 2.X (https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/branch-2.0/common/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/conf/HiveConf....) and used since Talend Studio 6.5

Here exists a jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TBD-6923 for MapR 5.2.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,

I am using the latest version TOS BD 7.
The hive server is using MapR 5.7.

Regards
Scott
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,

The jira you list is for write components not read components and does not generate the same error so i dont see the relevance...

Regards
Scott

Hello,

The error "Hive configuration hive.query.name does not exists" is caused by the hive.query.name option. Usage of this option should be removed for Mapr <= 5.2 probably.

Could you please use talend open studio for bigdata 6.4 to see if this issue repro?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

So with TOD BD 6.4 we no longer get the name query error.

We are getting a number of other errors now - this is related to connecting to HDInsights.

If we cannot overcome these i will log a separate ticket.