Four Stars

Talend Open Studio - I can't connect into SQL Server

Hello Guys,

I am totally new to the Talend platform, I am still in the learning process.

Everything was working well til I had tried to connect into SQL Server database. I don't have experience with Java environments at all.  I tried using M$ JDBC and Open Source JTDS drivers.

Talend Open Studio and SQL Server instance running in the same machine. For the SQL side, everything is ok.

Could anyone help me?

Environment details:

SQL Server 2017 express edition

Talend Open Studio 6.5

Thanks!

Amauri

5 REPLIES
Forteen Stars

Re: Talend Open Studio - I can't connect into SQL Server

It looks like your connection details are incorrect. To solve this you need to give us....

1) Your DB configuration details. Host, port, database name, username, password (you can hide but be aware it needs to be set).

2 Show us how you have tried to set it up

Rilhia Solutions
Ten Stars

Could be problem with credintials or Sql server Jar issue.

Manohar B

Hello,

Here is online document about:TalendHelpCenter: Supported systems, databases and business applications by Talend components for V 6.5

MS SQL Server

2014 4

2016 4

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the prompt answers.

@xdshi , I think it is not working because I tried with SQL Server 2017 edition. After that, I tried in a different server that is SQL Server 2016 and now, no more issues with connections!

Thanks!!

Hello,

So far,  SQL Server 2017 edition is not list on the supported databases platform.(v 6.5.1)

In the documentation we provide a list of databases that are supported, in the sense that we do provide an SLA and technical support for them. This doesn't mean other (non-listed) databases will not work but simply we won't necessarily be equipped to help you with any issue you may face with them.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.