One Star

Talend Open Studio Big Data 6.0 and HDP2.3 connectivity on Win7

Is there any list/matrix of Hadoop distributions successfully connecting to Talend 5.6.2 / 6.0?
If not, could we get such a matrix posted with and allow Talend and forum users to indicate the configuration sets that are being supported /successfully used? Associated to this - maybe custom distribution set definitions could be posted and then identified in such a matrix. I think that would be a great help to surface viable platform combinations.
We have Hortonworks HDP2.3 and we can initiate a Hadoop Cluster configuration in Talend6 using Ambari with Hortonworks2.2 configuration. Nonetheless both the 'Namenode' & 'Resource Manager' 'Check Services' validation fails. (invocation target exception) I think this means we need to review and attempt some custom jar updates; but any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou,
Bret.
I noted this post about connectivity issues from Hadoop 2.7.0  and also an issue to
about Hortonworks HDP2.2 platform issues being addressed for Talend 5.6.2
3 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Talend Open Studio Big Data 6.0 and HDP2.3 connectivity on Win7

for officially supported distributions you can find them in the Installation Guide in Appendix B.  Here is a link to the online version.
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Supported+Hadoop+distribution+versions&content-lang=en
One Star

Thank you for the link - this does cover the officially supported distributions and does not show HDP2.3 I assume we'll need a custom set of jar updates for HDP2.3.I will work through the steps Remy posted (I'm too new to post url)to accomplish this before posting further.
Nonetheless - This request is accepted but not started. Please Vote up this request to expedite if you are in a similar boat...
See Documentation/DOCT-5104
How-to add an unsupported Hadoop to Talend Studio
 if anyone is aware of other - helpful references on the suggested/typical steps used to accomplish this, I'm all in. We are using Win7 clients for Talend to then connect to a remote HDP cluster.
-Bret.

Hi Bret,
Have you already checked the related forum:https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=44501?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.