Talend Open Studio Big Data 6.0 and HDP2.3 connectivity on Win7

One Star

Talend Open Studio Big Data 6.0 and HDP2.3 connectivity on Win7

Is there any list/matrix of Hadoop distributions successfully connecting to Talend 5.6.2 / 6.0?
If not, could we get such a matrix posted with and allow Talend and forum users to indicate the configuration sets that are being supported /successfully used? Associated to this - maybe custom distribution set definitions could be posted and then identified in such a matrix. I think that would be a great help to surface viable platform combinations.
We have Hortonworks HDP2.3 and we can initiate a Hadoop Cluster configuration in Talend6 using Ambari with Hortonworks2.2 configuration. Nonetheless both the 'Namenode' & 'Resource Manager' 'Check Services' validation fails. (invocation target exception) I think this means we need to review and attempt some custom jar updates; but any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou,
Bret.
I noted this post about connectivity issues from Hadoop 2.7.0  and also an issue to
about Hortonworks HDP2.2 platform issues being addressed for Talend 5.6.2
Employee

Re: Talend Open Studio Big Data 6.0 and HDP2.3 connectivity on Win7

for officially supported distributions you can find them in the Installation Guide in Appendix B.  Here is a link to the online version.
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Supported+Hadoop+distribution+versions&content-lang=en
One Star

Thank you for the link - this does cover the officially supported distributions and does not show HDP2.3 I assume we'll need a custom set of jar updates for HDP2.3.I will work through the steps Remy posted (I'm too new to post url)to accomplish this before posting further.
Nonetheless - This request is accepted but not started. Please Vote up this request to expedite if you are in a similar boat...
See Documentation/DOCT-5104
How-to add an unsupported Hadoop to Talend Studio
 if anyone is aware of other - helpful references on the suggested/typical steps used to accomplish this, I'm all in. We are using Win7 clients for Talend to then connect to a remote HDP cluster.
-Bret.

Hi Bret,
Have you already checked the related forum:https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=44501?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Calling Talend Open Studio Users

The first 100 community members completing the Open Studio survey win a $10 gift voucher.

Start the survey

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Put Massive Amounts of Data to Work

Learn how to make your data more available, reduce costs and cut your build time

Watch Now

How OTTO Utilizes Big Data to Deliver Personalized Experiences

Read about OTTO's experiences with Big Data and Personalized Experiences

Blog

Talend Integration with Databricks

Take a look at this video about Talend Integration with Databricks

Watch Now