Seven Stars

Talend Jobs not run properly

Hi All,

Whenever I'm running current job Talend Runs the previous job because of that unexpected data got load too.

after lots of refreshes and opening the job I want to run then too previous job only runs. 

I badly need the solution for this.

Please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ten Stars

Re: Talend Jobs not run properly

as add to recommendation from @rhall_2_0 - export jobs and re-install talend (drop workspace as variant)

it look like something completely wrong, so time for re-install from scratch will be less than attempts to fix it 

-----------
22 REPLIES
Twelve Stars

Can you explain that with some examples? What do you mean by "previous jobs"? Do you mean previous versions of jobs or previous instances of job runs? It is not very clear

Rilhia Solutions
Seven Stars

Hi @rhall_2_0,

I mean the Previous job here is the job I ran.

Say for an example: Job named "XmltoOracle"  in that I'm Extracting XML data and loading into Oracle table.It's successful.

Then I'm creating the new job named "ExcelToOracleLoad" in that I'm loading excel file data into Oracle table when I click run button Talend runs the job named "XmltoOracle" but actually it should run "ExcelToOracleLoad".

Due to that, this job "XmltoOracle" runs twice.

I don't know why Talend tool behaves like that!

Twelve Stars

I've never seen this happen before. Are both jobs open at the time? Have you tried shutting one job down before running the other one?

Rilhia Solutions
Seven Stars

Yes I used to close the job which I don't want to run .but still this creates an issue

Hello,

Could you please indicate on which build version you got this issue? Is it random?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

Hi @xdshi

I'm using below version on Windows 10 OS

version:Talend open studio for DI 6.4

Hi, We don't get this issue before. Does this issue repro on other build version(6.3)? Best regards Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

Hi,

I have used version 6.3  until last week the same issue I have faced so I updated version 6.3 to 6.4 here too the same problem.

Ten Stars

as usual - will be much better if You can attach some screenshots - what are You do (what files You have, what run), what result, what wrong 

because as You describe - it never happens before

regards, Vlad

-----------
Seven Stars

Hi,

Here I have attached the screen shot for your information.

two jobs.PNG

The first job is "UpdateFlag_forExistingRec" and the other one is "Condition_based_Load"

1.I want to run UpdateFlag_forExistingRec so I will close all the other jobs which are open

2.When I click run button it ran "Condition_based_Load" job

3.I will exit from tool and open it again to run the job what I actually want to run

It's eating my time like anything If I do like this

Ten Stars

Hi

from this picture - we can not see any error

I do the same, have open 4-5 jobs, switch to Job Tab and run THIS Job and all work
So the question - what wrong in Your case?

-----------
Seven Stars

Hi,

I didn't get any error, the problem is When you switch to the job that is working for you but for me, it's opposite when I switch to the job it is not running the job, it successfully ran another job.

When the run tab opens I can't take screenshot, else I would have attached it

Twelve Stars

This sounds really very strange. This is certainly not something I have experienced before (I've used Talend since v4). Can you take a video of what is happening so that we can see what is actually happening? I don't think anyone will have a solution from the description, a video might give us some more clues.

Rilhia Solutions
Seven Stars

Hi,

Please have a look at the below screenshot, hope this helps you.WrongJob.png

Ten Stars

little better

this possible if Your TOP part of screen splitted for 2 half like:

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 11.18.19 PM.png

if screen not splitted (as default):

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 11.18.40 PM.png

all work fine not depending how many jobs opened:

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 11.15.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 11.16.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 11.16.11 PM.png

-----------
Twelve Stars

Hmmmm that is very strange. It does seem to indicate that it is running the wrong job, BUT are you sure that it is not just the wrong job name in the run tab label?

The only thing I have seen that is similar to this is when I had a project with a corrupted workspace. That caused the same job to open (for editing) regardless of the actual job I clicked on. In the end I had to export my jobs individually and import them into a new project to fix it.

Rilhia Solutions
Twelve Stars

Ah yes, @vapukov that might be it. Good spot!

Rilhia Solutions
Seven Stars

Hi,

I don't know you, believe it or not, Today Morning I opened Talend tool and created simple mapping and ran, below is the screenshot I could capture, please have a look at it.

Talend runs the job which I ran it yesterday.

Note: I didn't open any other jobs, I just opened Job named Test_1

morning.PNG

Twelve Stars

When you changed your Talend version, did you simply upgrade your workspace or did you export your jobs from one workspace and import them into the new one (6.4)? If you did the latter, this probably won't work. But if you upgraded your workspace, try exporting your jobs individually from your (potentially) broken workspace and import them individually into your new one. This worked for me when I had an issue with opening jobs.

Rilhia Solutions
Ten Stars

as add to recommendation from @rhall_2_0 - export jobs and re-install talend (drop workspace as variant)

it look like something completely wrong, so time for re-install from scratch will be less than attempts to fix it 

-----------
Seven Stars

hi,

Yes, I exported version6.3 jobs into version 6.4.

So Issues because of that only it seems

Seven Stars

Hi,

Thanks @vapukov  & @rhall_2_0  !

I have installed newly and removed all the existing job folders.

Now its working fine