Talend Job Hangs without any errors

One Star

Talend Job Hangs without any errors

My Talend Job hangs without producing an error. I have a mysql input and a MS SQl output. After several thousand rows, the job just hands (the rows are not increasing on the output). I have also tried outputting to a csv and get the same issue. I don't see any errors, if I leave it running for a while, it times out. I can't use trace debug because the issue occurs after about 50,000 rows. The trace debug runs very slow it would take a couple of hours to get to the point it hangs. Is there a different way to debug or to force Talend to display an error?
One Star

Re: Talend Job Hangs without any errors

I've got the same error. My job which has several other child jobs and running parallelally, hangs sometimes and other dont.
One Star

Any idea?
More info: I don't even get an output timeout like the original poster it just stops without any log on workspace\.metadata\.log or in the job logs. No exception ... no nothing Smiley Sad
* I've tested it in 4.2.3, Talend 5M3, M4 and M5.

I use parallel execution in iterates so maybe its a Thread deadlock. How can I debug this?
One Star

This is happening to me too without any error...
One Star

Hello 
I have the same issue plze Help,
I don't even get an output timeout like the original poster it just stops without any log on workspace\.metadata\.log or in the job logs. No exception ... no nothing 
Seventeen Stars

Do you run the job in the studio, on a jobserver or as standalone job?

Hi nadhem,

Could you please give us more information about your current job situation? Screenshots will be preferred.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I am getting the same thing.
I am trying to get the lastInsertId but the logger shows only until id 554 but I see that 1315 rows have been inserted.
I get no errors, it just hangs there.
I am using:
Version: 5.6.0
Build id: V5.6.0_20141024_1545
On windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
The job is just running on my machine for now.
Seventeen Stars

Does the job hangs also if you do not use a tLogRow?

Hi AntonioCS,

Did your issue repro on other versions before?  Did you store look up data on Disk in tMap?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Does the job hangs also if you do not use a tLogRow?

No it did not.
I removed the tLogRow and it finished and it also should me some mysql error msgs:
"Data truncation: Data too long for column 'name' at row 1Data truncation: Data too long for column 'name' at row 1Data truncation: Data too long for column 'name' at row 1Data truncation: Data too long for column 'name' at row 1Data truncation: Data too long for column 'name' at row 1Data..."
No tLogs for me Smiley Happy
Thanks for the help

Hi,
Could you please check document: https://community.talend.com/t5/Migration-Configuration-and/Data-truncation-error-Data-too-long-for-... to see if it is working for your case?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
Could you please check document: https://community.talend.com/t5/Migration-Configuration-and/Data-truncation-error-Data-too-long-for-... to see if it is working for your case?
Best regards
Sabrina

Hey,
I wasn't saying that the error was related to talend. 
The field is indeed too small in some cases, what I was saying was that talend appears to hang with the tLog and it also not shows these error msgs because as soon as I removed the tLog the jog finished it I saw those error msgs.
Thanks

Hi,
Have you checked “Die on error ” option in your tMySqlOutput?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I didn't check it. Will do!
Thanks for the help.

Hi,
Feel free to let us know if there is any error message printed on console.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Friends,
I have one scenario,how to transfer table from mssql to postgres .?
My Talend Job hangs without producing an error. I have a mssql input and a postgres output. After several thousand rows, the job just hands (the rows are not increasing on the output).

Mssql table has cores of records,but it is not getting through..!
Can anyone share your inputs.
Thanks in advance.
Seventeen Stars

Such a hang is mostly caused by a locked record/table in the database. Check if you have transaction locks.

Hi sasikumar_ml,
Have you tried to check out "Die on error" option on tpostgresqloutput component to see if there is any error printed on console?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Dear All,
I'm also getting the hang issue. I'm using parent child Jobs. something like (job1(parent job))--call to-->(job2)--call to-->(job3).
Once job3 complete then control Comes back on job2, here it validat the gerenated XML with xsd. Code got stuck here
in job2. This is just intermittent issue. We use .sh executable file and use command line to run it via schedule Job.
I observed stuck unix command calling that Job to run. In DB, no lock observed at all. No Network issue observed.
I have used tlogRow in job2. I this the reason? but issue doesn't come always. even for the bulk data, Maximum times it runs well.
Regards,
Veer

Hi Veer,
 Does this issue only repro on job 2? What does your job2 and job 3 work flow look like?
Could you please indicate what's the build version you are using?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Many Thanks for your quick response on it. I'm using Talend license Version 6.1.
I have Flow Of Job like this-
JOB1--> It takes Inputs Parameter via command line arguments and validate the Inputs and call job2 for further processing.
Job2--> It creates db Connection based on Input recevied from job2. In the subjob execution it calls to job3. On 'subjob OK' trigger, control Comes back to JOB2 once the execution of job3 completed.
Job3--> It is used to extract data from db and creates XML files in chunks.
In Job2 we merged These XML into single XML then validate the XML file with xsd. after xsd Validation get completed then we push XML file to desired place in the Server. Once all the Task done then we Close db Connection by tpostjob block.
Problem:
1. Once control Comes from job3 to Job2 then sometimes it just hang the Job in between for uncertain very hours. 
We observed job's thread in stuck stage via unix command and we also observed db session for same. whcih does not move ahead at all.
2. This is another issue - In the other cases, we also observed old running talend Job threads which are not getting end, though the Job has completed it's desired Task.
Could you please help on this. Though We are closing the db Connections properly at the end of the Job or on Errors.
Regards,
Veer

Hi Veer,
Could you please post your job design screenshots into forum which will be helpful for us to understand your job?
Best regards
Sabrina
--