One Star

Talend Enterprise vs Free Edition

Hi All,
I just wonder if this is the right place i can ask question about Talend's Edition. What is the difference between Talend Enterprise and Talend Free Edition?
Is it about if i used free edition, i've to download and install the feature like DI, MDM, Data Profiling etc separately? whereas the enterprise edition it is complete install the whole thing by one installation...am i correct?
Is there any difference? Because i intended to use Talend for our implementation and im afraid if i used free edition there are a lot more feature i couldn't do.
Plz help me Smiley Happy

Thank in advance,
Kal
16 REPLIES

Re: Talend Enterprise vs Free Edition

Hi,
I just wonder if this is the right place i can ask question about Talend's Edition. What is the difference between Talend Enterprise and Talend Free Edition?

First, you can send your confused issue on our talend forum. Some professional guys will give you a precise answer.
There are a lot of differences between TOS and TIS. For example, TIS provide TAC on which you can manage your job, set trigger and Execution plan , etc.
Is it about if i used free edition, i've to download and install the feature like DI, MDM, Data Profiling etc separately? whereas the enterprise edition it is complete install the whole thing by one installation...am i correct?

If you choose TOS, you download and install feature like DI, MDM, Data Profiling etc separately. The "All " version is only provided by TIS , so you are right.
Is there any difference? Because i intended to use Talend for our implementation and im afraid if i used free edition there are a lot more feature i couldn't do

Yep, TOS just give guest the basic function. If your requirement is very much, Choose TIS.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Well, thanks for your feedback. May i know what TAC exactly about? Just for administrative?
When you said that TOS give the basic functions, what does it means? Is it means that the function inside the pallete limited? could you specify more?
If i used TOS for our project implementation and without TAC itself, i still can build my etl job isn't it?

Regards,
Haikal

Hi,
In TAC, you can manage the job and assign some job to developer, tester, set the trigger, execution plan etc.
The basic function include the simple Extraction,transformation, and loading action. TIS will give more components and some functions like command line, CDC and so on to user .
If your requirement is not very complicated, I think TOS is ok for you.
TAC just like a server. You can get your job from it without limitation on local computer or not. It don't affected your project implementation. Because the project implementation is in studio.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Where i can find or refer the Talend price per component or price of TIS itself? I couldn't find it in Talend homepage.
Regards,
Kal

Hi,
The TIS price link is just open for our Talend stuff. We cannot give it to you. If you have been interested in our TIS products, please contact us directly http://www.talend.com/contact. Our related colleagues will get communication with you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
Thanks for the references but just to make sure, actually we are interested to use TIS or maybe any selected components that we think we require full functionality then we will buy that component only. If i do contact, is it pssible to know the price only then will decide later to buy it or how.....or exactly i must buy it to contact your customer service?
Smiley Happy
rgds,
Kal

Hi,
It is impossible that you just buy some selected components from Talend. We provide the whole studio to user. Contact to our related person, they will introduce our products and give more detailed help to you. You have right to decide to buy or not. You can ask them to get a good suggestion about the studio which you need in your own job.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for your concerns Smiley Happy
I've contact your people regarding on the pricing and presently waiting the feedback. Hope to hear soon.
Anyway, thanks again Smiley Happy
Warmest regards,
Kal

Hi,
Welcome. and if you meet some confusion, don't hesitate to post your issue on Talend official forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
Definitely i'll do that Smiley Happy
Regards,
Kal
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I just wonder, i still did not receive any feedback from your people. May i know the status?
Regards,
Kal

Hi,
Yesterday, i have consulted your issue to my leader, but he just said what we can do is just giving you a contact link. The sale market is not in china. I have no idea about that, very sorry. How about do it one more time?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
Okey, i'll try again later. But it such a great pleasure if you can help me out in other way perhaps Smiley Happy
Thank you,
Kal

Hi,
If there is still not response. I will help you to know what happens in the workflow. Thanks for your understanding.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
Sadly, until now i still didn't get any feedback from Talend. The only thing i received was "Talend Newsletter".
Smiley Sad

Regards,
Kal

Hi,
Call them. there are phone numbers at the bottom. Choose appropriate one for your own location. Sorry for the delay.
Best regards
Sabrina
--