One Star

Talend Enterprise DI Architecture?

Hi All
A quite simple question. what is the architecture of Enterprise DI?
Is it the same Server-Client like Powercenter? or Just Like Open Studio DI- A whole package.
I am curious that if Enterprise DI is just a extension of TOS DI,
Then absolutely we need to install Desktop in Linux-Server to make the design.
Am I right?
Thank you 
7 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Talend Enterprise DI Architecture?

Hi 
It is Server-client model, it includes an application called Talend Administration Center that will be installed in Tomcat and it is a web-based application where you can manage users, projects, schedule tasks etc...
You can download a trial enterprise Data Integration from Talend official website.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Shong
Thank you for the quick reply.
Now I can totally understand. By using the tomcat, admin can stop and start the server.
that is cool. 
If so, the job could be exported into XML or some common format?, so that in the business, 
we can transfer job between different environment.
Best Regards
Community Manager

The job can be exported as batch executable file, so it could be migrated and executed on any a system. 
One Star

Shone
just like TOS DI, I see. Thanks
By the way, in my understanding, there ganna be no need to buy several licenses.
Since the exported batch files can be executed in any system.
Community Manager

Hi 
There are still many enterprise features compared to community version, you can read the full features comparison in this page.
One Star

Hi 
There are still many enterprise features compared to community version, you can read the full features comparison in this page.

Lets say..
10 developers are required to develop an application so one enterprise licence will work for all developers or separate, means 10 DI enterprise licences?

Hi praveentyagi,
As a matter of fact, it is a license which allows a limited number of users(5 user, 10 users...)authorized to connect to Talend Studio and / or Talend Administration Center but not 10 DI developers will have 10 enterprise licences.
For more information, please take a look at document about:TalendHelpCenter:Managing licenses.
Feel free to post your issue here.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.