Five Stars

Talend ESB as OData Producer

I am using the sample Project "DemoRESTRoute" which uses java bean for creating Rest - Response. As far as I understand it, it must be possible to create a similar bean using olingo or something similar and expose it via rest to create an odata service. Has anybody done this, or can help me with sample code? best regards-
11 REPLIES

Re: Talend ESB as OData Producer

Hi Stepro,
You're able to find the source code for Talend ESB products from https://www.talendforge.org/sources/index.php.
Is it what you are looking for?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Employee

We have not tried yet. We had a few requests though for OData recently. What is your integration scenario? Do you want to integrate with SalesForce?
Thanks
Thomas
Thomas Steinborn
VP Product Management
Five Stars

No, I want to integrate with MS Lightswitch, Powerquery and Powerpivot.
Employee

okay thanks. I will add it to the list of things we may want to support as well. currently i have no answer for you though.
Thomas
Thomas Steinborn
VP Product Management
One Star

okay thanks. I will add it to the list of things we may want to support as well. currently i have no answer for you though.
Thomas

Hi Thomas!
Let me say my "+1" for oData support in the Talend products.
Employee

Ilya
absolutely! It is in the plan. Please share you use case with me. If you don't want to post it to the forum feel free to contact me directly at tsteinborn@talend.com
Thomas
Thomas Steinborn
VP Product Management
Five Stars

Hi,
is there any update regarding OData Support in Talend? I want to be able to use talend flows as odata source, not to call odata from talend. Best Regards.

Hi Stepro,
This new feature is still in process. Could you please share your use case about OData with us?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

I want to use talend for integration with powerquery and lightswitch and odata is the best way to do this.
One Star

Hi Stepro,
This new feature is still in process. Could you please share your use case about OData with us?
Best regards
Sabrina

We are working on a SAP marketing application which expose their data through OData, wondering if Talend actually will support it in nearly future.
One Star

Here is my use case of oData:
From Salesforce we want to read external data stored in SQL Server database. The Account is stored in Salesforce, the meter reads, invoices, payments etc. are stored in SQL Server, there is way too much data to even try bringing them into Salesforce. Salesforce has a feature "Salesforce connect" (i.e. oData) that allows Salesforce to read external data exposed as oData by creating external objects corresponding to the SQL Server table/views. But we still need a mechanism to expose the SQL Server data as oData . In order to deliver SQL Server data to Salesforce as an oData provider, a "middleware" is required. 
We have successfully tried Microsoft Visual Studio entity framework to expose the tables/views as oData, and also successfully tried Informatica Cloud Realtime to expose tables as oData to Salesforce, each with their pros/cons. I would like to see the oData feature in Talend so it can act as the "middleware".
Regards,
George