Four Stars

Talend ESB, Use Services or just tRestRequest ?

Hello everybody, I am new to Talend ESB, and I wonder how to move a job to a webservice
I found 2 methods so far,
- Create a Rest service using Services->Create a service, and then assign the service to a Job
- Using tRestRequest directly in a job, as described here

What is the main difference between these two approaches? What can I expect if I choose to use either the first or second one ?

Thanks
Florian

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forteen Stars

Re: Talend ESB, Use Services or just tRestRequest ?

The first method you mention is how you would create a SOAP service. The second method is for creating a REST service.I would suggest using the second method. However, this will likely be a decision you will need to make based on the requirements of your service. In my opinion, REST services are significantly easier to build if you are new to Talend ESB

Rilhia Solutions
1 REPLY
Forteen Stars

Re: Talend ESB, Use Services or just tRestRequest ?

The first method you mention is how you would create a SOAP service. The second method is for creating a REST service.I would suggest using the second method. However, this will likely be a decision you will need to make based on the requirements of your service. In my opinion, REST services are significantly easier to build if you are new to Talend ESB

Rilhia Solutions